tanzSILVER Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Hi all you spinners.

Im just asking about linking 3bt weave forwards to the same move backwards. I've watched meeniks youtubevideo, but it didnt help much. So does someone of you have some helpful advices to handle that? Cause I really want to learn the fountain.

BTW. Nice forum you have here, veryvery helpful. Keep up the good work!!

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
You know it's funny, Meeniks video is what helped me to learn that so long ago... *shrug*

Anyhow, if you can count beats: As you go from beat 2 to 3 on either side of your 3 beat weave your hands should be uncrossed, at that point if you continue with your third beat as normal but also turn to face the other direction, you will now be spinning in the opposite direction from your point of view. Forward to Backward.

Hope this helps a bit. Try to focus on when your hands are uncrossed on either side of your body, or if it helps, try to do a forward 3 beat weave while turned so that you aren't spinning to your left and right sides but instead behind and infront of you (Wall Plane instead of Wheel Plane), like reels.

tanzSILVER Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your advice! I'll try that and come here to tell the results later.

Then another little question: In fountain your face points only in one direction all the time. How do you do the linking then?

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Face what is the side of the weave and turn your body (mostly shoulders and arms) whilst keeping your head fairly steady.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
You basically spin in wall plane. So I do a forwards 3 beat to my left, in front of me is where I transition to a reverse 3 beat on my right side, and then from there you do a windmill across the top to get back to the beginning. At least, that's how I do it. Some folks feel more comfortable going the other way (Forward on Right, Reverse on Left).

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Double check that you're not accidently trying to do an antispin fountain as you're transitioning from side to side.

An easy way to get around this is just to do mid-range transfers all the time, rather than trying to go low and high(windmill) transfers)

hug

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonDouble check that you're not accidently trying to do an antispin fountain as you're transitioning from side to side.

An easy way to get around this is just to do mid-range transfers all the time, rather than trying to go low and high(windmill) transfers)

lol I did this... I couldn't figure out why the fountain was so much harder on one side than the other. oh well, it doesn't hurt to learn the antispin fountain accidentally... grin

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I saw the title and was going to point you straight at meenik's video. tongue2

Seriously, it is one of the simplest ways to conceptualise it. The alternative many people suggest is just to turn around and spin backwards. That might work better, and is pretty much how I did it.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

tanzSILVER Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys. I was at countryside whole weekend and I figured out the ''wholebodyturning'' thing. Now I have to start practising the transition without turning. smile

Ash3sSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlayYou basically spin in wall plane.
I'm going to sound like a complete noob here (but let's be honest, I really am) but wall plane was a bit of a revelation for me this weekend...

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
I thought I explained it to you at some point? Oh well. tongue2

Ash3sSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonI thought I explained it to you at some point? Oh well. tongue2
My friend, you have... many times, but having someone else give me a different perspective on it really helped it sink in. I was told, in a rather firm manner, "you must not spin on a side plane anymore more! Only on a wall plane!" tongue2 So now I'm practicing on getting my wonky wall planes straight wink

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Bwahahahaha....

creaturesfarleySILVER Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
Giggle.

oscurochuSILVER Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Look up Nathaniel Everist's videos. A lot of his vieos helped me in the beginning.

tanzSILVER Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
I got it! This:

did help me with it.