Forums > Technical Discussion > Improve your website (have it reviewed)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
As more and more (semi)professional (fire)performers have their own website, the quality aspect of these sites is getting more and more important. I remember when we just needed a 2 page site to be 'professional' - at least 'considerable' for agencies and customers.

Today we got Web 2.0, faster machines, increased browsing speeds... this plus the fact that every angry cat has got it's own website these days, makes it imperative to have a smooth, startling (and up-to-date) homepage.

Whether you are developing your own site, or have it dun by a professional sometimes makes a very big difference.

If you're not scared, but want to know what people think of your site, you may post it here, have ppl take a look at it and tell you what they think, maybe even help you to improve it.

You should know that none of the comments are intended to embarrass or insult you - regard them professionally, not personally. It can be tough (depending on how sensitive you are) but it also can be very helpful to shape an adequate presentation of yourself and your act.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
So firetom.com first

Really pretty and well made.

I don't like that it randomly counts from 1 to 10 over and over when it is loading. It's a personal hate of mine, those loading bars that go to the end and then start again, so the loading bar actualy means nothing at ALL...It's it's circular, make it a circle or something, not something that seems to have an end, gets your hopes up then REPEATS ON YOU! Gah...

I didn't like in your gallery I could switch between photos at will...

Some photos blurry etc...

InJuCo I was actually just at because Im interested in going hence I can give you impressions when I WASN'T thinking criticaly too...

The Navigation is a bit wierd... I wouldn't expect there to be options under Home.. Home is home. full stop, the end... there is not more than one home...
and pirate Juggling retreat is under about????

Oh and pirate juggling retreat already has a price list and info while the others dont and there's no more info about them.. maybe a mini navigation bar under Bali, Goa and pirates with "price, where, program etc...

All in all, nice, clean, well set out... smile

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Martin bentley
First thoughts.. clean, pretty.. but the clean lined grey look doesn't really go with the red/black fire.. which is, i guess, why so many of our websites are black and red... tongue2

and you say you're from KZN.. I have no idea where this is.. don't use acronyms that aren't well known to idiots...

Seem to have a good mix of professional and "active" photos..

Switch your testimonials. have the v enthusiastic, glowy one at the top and the official, bored sounding one at the bottom.

EDITED_BY: natasqi (1312140301)
EDIT_REASON: Atrocious spelling

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the input. KZN is KwaZulu-Natal and is a commonly understood acronym in South Africa, since it is one of the provinces. A bit like saying you live in NSW if you live in Aus.

Will switch the testimonials. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Page: