Forums > Social Chat > Time for an adventure...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So I put this in the social chat, figure it probably falls under the category of daftness laugh3

Anyway, I'm about to have a little adventure. I'm quitting my job, selling all my stuff, and going to Guatemala.
I've already put in my notice at work, been packing and selling some stuff. Driving to Oregon first to give my truck to my sister, then flying out from there.
I'll be leaving with nothing but a passport, plane ticket, poi bag, and a change of clothes. Most likely after everything is paid for I'll have a few hundred dollars in my pocket. Best part is, I have absolutely no plans to come back grin
I'm going to go with nothing and make it work.

I've thoroughly weighed the pros and cons of this adventure. I'm going.
Anybody that wants to keep up with this craziness. I'll try and post here occasionally, but Facebook is going to be the best way.
https://www.facebook.com/jaredwoods

Send a message cause I usually ignore people if I don't know them.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Pft! No one here is crazy enough to just drop everything and move down there! tongue2

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewPft! No one here is sane enough to just drop everything and move down there! tongue2

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Does this statement mean I get meds?!?! grin

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So I'm hanging around Guate for another year, then I'm off to the Amazon. Will be in Peru for the beginning of the world in December, then going to get lost in the jungle for real.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I have family in Peru... I'll tell them youre coming! Lol.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Cool, I'll stop by and visit. I'll be living up in the highlands though with a Peruvian shaman.

chunkeylumpkinsstranger
4 posts

Posted:
HELLO ALL smile

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So I'm moving forward with the plans.
I'll be back in the states in a few months, making a little cash, then back here to start construction.
Got a great deal on some land, building my own house with natural local materials, getting a permaculture farm setup. Just started on the house blueprints yesterday.
Will hopefully be starting this project around May of next year. Going to take a little time to really get it moving good, but I'm on the way to self sufficient, low impact, and debt free living.

badf801BRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
im like a fat kid in a candy store

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Stepping up the schedule a bit. Back in the states in a week or two, then returning to Guate in March. Leaving just before the end of rain season, back right at the beginning of the next rain season lol

Page: