Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Travelling Poi & Staff Workshops (South Africa)

Login/Join to Participate

BrunoFireDesireGOLD Member
Fire Guy
4 posts

Posted:
We here at Fire Desire are busy planning and preparing for our first Traveling Poi & Staff Workshops. We plan on visiting and hosting workshops in as many cities and towns in South Africa as we can manage and arrange.

This is where we need your help. We need to find out where you all are and if you would be interested in attending some of our workshops.

As a special offer the person who arranges the venue and spreads the word in their local area will be able to attend the workshop for free. Additionally get R50 off for every friend(3 friends max) you bring along to the workshop.

We will however only be able to come to your area if there is a minimum of 10 people who would attend the workshops. All money made from our workshops will be used to fund our travels to the next location. We want to share the passion and art with all willing to learn.

Locations:
If things go to plan we will be leaving JHB early August, We will be travelling past the following locations please let us know if there would be any interest in Poi & Staff Workshops: Note that we will be staying at the backpackers at all the below locations.

Johannesburg > Northern Drakensburg > PMB > Durban > Margate > Kokstad > Port St. Johns > Mpande > Coffee Bay > Chintsa > East London > Port Elizabeth > Jeffery’s Bay > Storms River > The Crogs > Plettenberg Bay > Knysna > George > Mossel Bay > Swellendam > Stellenbosch > Hermanus > Cape Town.

If you live in any of these areas above or surrounding areas please get in touch with us as we would love to host a workshop in your area and get to know the South African fire community as a whole.

We also plan on visiting some inland locations such as Bloemfontein and Nelspruit. If there is enough interest in your area we will come.

Workshop Teachers:
Jaco le Roux will be teaching the Poi workshops (Beginner – Adv)
Video of Jaco playing with Poi

Bruno Kopf will be teaching the staff workshops (Single, Double and Contact Staff for all Levels)
Video of Bruno with his Staffs

Workshop Costs:
Beginner @ R150 per person per workshop
Intermediate - Advanced @ R200 per person per workshop
(Poi and Staff Workshops will be held separately and charged so)

Note:
As we arrange and confirm workshop locations, dates & times we will update the event page to keep you updated. Please share this with your friends as we would also like to meet as many spinners across the country as we can so we can have a better understanding of our countries fire community.

If anyone is willing to help with accommodation, travel, food, arranging the workshop in your area or any way you think you could help please contact us.

If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to get involved please do not hesitate to contact either myself (Bruno) or Jaco.

Love, Light & Fire

Contact Details:
• Bruno: 072 033 5535
• Jaco: 071 766 6935
• Email: Bruno@firedesire.co.za

Facebook Event Page for Travelling Poi & Staff Workshops

Give me Fuel! Give me FIRE, Give me that which I DESIRE!