Forums > Videos > Double Feature fire poi

Login/Join to Participate

Chris BrownBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
First, my fire poi performance in The Hidden Art IV.

Yes..I know this song has been done to death but I like it anyways. ;p

Enjoy cool

Second: a freestyle vid.

This is the first time I've ever spun to this song. DDR players might recognize this old tune.

EDITED_BY: Chris Brown (1309399128)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I would have to say with that second video, the thing I noticed the most was that when the song sped up and got more intense, you didn't. And the spinning looked out of place. Such s when it got more intense and fast, you were still doing the slow pendulum stuff that fits well on a buildup. I feel often with performers that they need to put their body into it and not just spin, you're still the case, but not as much. It seems you're working on it or were before, keep it up it makes the performance! grin When music gets faster/more intense you should maybe, become light on your feet, prance around a little if you're like that or it fits the son. You may also want to move aggressively, trying to give that feel of "I am the man with fire, fear me AND my pants."
Other than that for now I can see you're pretty well on your way to being an amazing performer if you keep up your practice.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Chris BrownBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your feedback. I have been working on my body movement/foot work. If you watch some of my older videos, you can probably spot a difference in now from then. It's just another step to becoming a good performer. I've only been spinning anything for a year and a half and I don't even feel like I've scratched the surface on being a "wonderful performer".

On a separate note, I absolutely love LED spinning with little to no silhouette. The thing that appeals to me most is that I make the patterns I'm creating(no matter how simple or advanced the move is) make the song speak in its own visual way. I understand that there must be a difference between the two and that is really what I'm breaking from...that and not learning move after move standing like a tech statue.

Any who, thanks again for the feedback.