Forums > Help! > Returning hot tools to fuel...

Login/Join to Participate

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Ok so I know that I am the fire eating instructor as of now so its odd that i'm the one with this question but here it goes...

I've always been one to let my tools cool for a few minutes before refuelling. But lately I've been going through a cotton fire eating torch fetish but am having trouble with them smouldering (and therefore flaking and getting gross really fast). People have told me to not let them smoulder but no one is telling me how. The one the comes to mind is rewet them... but I cant do that with anything but fuel cause dowsing my torches in water would seriously kill my torches (not to mention my act). I've seen people return their torches straight into the fuel right after being extinguished, but I have to say that that makes me nervous. Usually there are still some glowing embers on my cotton torches at the end and Im not to keen on plunging them back into a thing of white gas so quickly... thoughts? Experience? HELP!

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
eh, first off, why are you using cotton?

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Because cotton tends to hold more fuel than kevlar, is softer on your mouth and is easier to do vapor tricks with. I have kevlar torches that I like very much but I've always had a slight preference to cotton. minus the smoldering issue.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.