diffrentcopyBRONZE Member
stranger
21 posts

Posted:
sometimes i watch double staff vids and go to practice but somehow find myself applying the moves to poi. but not mixing moves but mixing toys, does anyone try doing like 1 poi and 1 staff at the same time or a hoop or fan or kindof a double rope dart, not a meteor. does anyone do this or try it?

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I have seen some of this around on the internet before. There can be some cool stuff to be done. Torch poi has a lot of those kind of possibilities you get from having 1 poi and a "other" prop (Like staff, club, hoop)
I actually was playing with a little torch I have in one hand and a poi in the other recently lol. Just some fun.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I've played around with one poi and one club before, which was kind of fun. There are also some people at the jams here who I've seen playing with one poi and one mini hoop, and at least attempting to hoop while spinning buugeng. Joffjk also has some combined poi/juggling videos on his channel. I don't know anyone who practices combined toys seriously, but I have seen some fun experiments.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Gah. I don't know why my phone browser keeps double posting. Shows one post when I hit "submit", then I come back to find two....
EDITED_BY: Sister Eleven (1304944240)

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've seen poi/hoop, poi/staff, contact juggling or poi and slackline,basically putting a short meteor on the end of a rope dart (epic win), and I have also seen and recorded on my phone a 3 person walking monster, 1 person contact juggling on top, person spinning poion the bottom, but hi arms were like the middle, and another with I torches that was the middle part, but her body was sticking out forward. It was a sight to be seen.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
thats awesome, if you have any videos, would be much thanks.
i been thinking of trying poi with contact staff when i get better at staff.

AndeSILVER Member
The Enthusiastic!
13 posts

Posted:
I discovered something that I call 'JOI', its poi spinning while 3 ball juggling. So far I can cascade in split-time butterfly and I can do columns in same-time butterfly. Looks NASTY awesome!

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
thats amazing, itd be cool to watch.

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
agreed

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Lots of oldskool mixing of props, I recall putting poi on the ends of my staff for a while and finding it quite difficult, but very rewarding to get some patterns down.
Recommendation though, have the poi length fairly short!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Fi-R-afiGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hmm.. something I haven't tried tried, but just thought of. Using a sliding fire orb to light my own poi. I feel like something pretty dramatic could be worked out with that. Maybe lighting both in a butterfly meeting in the middle, or one at a time by sliding the orb back and forth.
Time to go play smile

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
charles, i did that right after my last post, it feels like a jerky meteor, really cool though.
i also thought of something i call a drop staff.
double staffs with a poi conecter in the middle, thought of a design but i couldnt make it very well, it would work best with a center swivel

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
makes me think of this

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
dang, im one step behind. awesome move though.

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm44Ylfxios
I saw this performance live at melbourne spinfest, a short staff and a contact ball it was really awesome

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I left some poi and diabolo's in a bag and when i came back it was full of yoyo's grin

and on a more serious note I can poiggle poi whilst juggling but nowhere near as good as DevKev who does it well and also has done hats with poi.

Used to be able to do 4 balls with poi but needs the right length chains and weight heads.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.