Page:
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Play is back! After a four year ‘holiday’ it’s time for the return of the world famous circus festival OF DOOM!

We’re hugely excited to be hosted by the newly renovated Llanfyllin Workhouse from 27th – 31st July 2011. We’ve arranged a host of fantastic shows, workshops, music and kids activities in a stunning location, and frankly, we can’t wait for it to begin.

Spinning @ will be providing their legendary hospitality, we’ll have scrummy food and a bar for those who can’t be bothered to juggle, and you might even be able to buy some fine goods while you’re there.

we're just waiting for Paypal authentication and the like before tickets are on sale, but all info about volunteering, tickets, location and so on is on

Playfestival2011.co.uk

See you in July
The PLAY team

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Gosh, I'd really love to be there !

let me think,

ninja

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
I'm there smile

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Booked time off work already smile

Can I just say I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited bounce2clapbounce2clapbounce2

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

andy905BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
Im currently trying to get someone from work to swith holiday blocks so that i can come along and enjoy a relaxed week of spinning

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
There is No Chance of me Missing this! I can't wait grin grin grin grin grin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Night CrawlerBRONZE Member
46 posts

Posted:
Ok, I have a few questions and im probably gonna sound like a complete dumba... but here goes anyway.
What exactly is Play festival? What goes on?
To me, the £50 a ticket sounds a bit much. Ok, so i never been to a festival, so i dont know what kinda prices im looking at. I have been to a weekend car show and for VIP tickets, i only paid about £35.
What do i get for my £50?
Also, theres camping and another area for caravans... How close to my tent will i be able to park my car? Im thinkin of bringin a load of music to be played through the car stereo for either music during the day, or when it goes dark (if thats cool with the organisers).

'You can only be free when you have nothing to loose'

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Night Crawler, Play is really awesome. It's my favorite juggling festival in the world smile

Basically you get fire shows, a gala shows, music, some big domes to play in, workshops, some international performers/teachers, and about 500 lovely people to spin with smile

For comparison, music festivals like Download, Bloodstock and Secret Garden Party all charge around £100, £50 is pretty cheap.

Ash3sSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Why does this kind of stuff never find its way to South Africa? frown

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I'll be there smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
also- if you're worried about the cost of tickets - then VOLUNTEER! wink

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
my body is a tattooed temple
366 posts

Posted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm in america on those dates . My first one was going to be the 2008 one but it got flooded . I DEMAND a date change . no cry no Hope you all have fun . See you next year

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Ash3sWhy does this kind of stuff never find its way to South Africa? frown

I have, over the last couple years, come to the conclusion that we are lazy and no one is organising it. Or if they are it is not being advertised.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

andy905BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
Work has just confirmed i have got the time off for this just got to buy my ticket now

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Tickets are now on sale!

"Don't do it naked!"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

*Breaking News*

We’re really pleased to be bringing the definitely legendary Cyrille Humen over from France to share his melting poi style, as well as teasing our tastebuds with a partner poi show alongside Doro Bauer. Check out the mind-blowing skillz here:

Staff manipulators will be familiar with the incredible talents of Solstix from Germany. For those of you who are new to the duo, prepare yourself for fantastic antipodism, acro, fei-cha and juggling skills. *phew*. There’s even a rumour of a cheese-free mystery guest… www.solstix.de

Finally in this installment, for all the jugglers out there, we have one of the very best in crazy pattern manipulation, with ridiculous balance skills and actual juggling that is definitely not to be sneezed at: Declan Mee. Have a look at this video, and then come and watch the real thing open-mouthed and amazed, as we will be:

tickets are on sale now at the lovely early bird price of £50, with junior tickets also available at £1/£30. Don't delay cause they are going fast grin

We'll be at the BJC this week, so catch us there or see you in July!

The Play Team.

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Party approved! wink

ninja

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Hello

Its getting a little closer.. so we thought we'd tell you a bit more about what's going on behind the closed doors of Play Festival HQ.

We're really happy to have the UK's premier slackline crew along showing us their skillz and teaching you everything they know: Maverick Slacklines we salute you.

Lined up and ready to grace the stage we have the once legendary, now mythical MCP. We don't know what she's going to do. But we know it's going to be GOOD.

Alongside her we also have multiple Hoopie award winners/nominees Bags and Em. Fresh from wowing the BJC fire AND Gala stages with Juggling Inferno they promise me they're working on new exclusive 'only ever seen at Play' tricks, just for us... aaaw.

And if you like your dancing and contact juggling spectacularly good, in several different dimensions at once and Literally Awesome, then we have the man for you: Ed Adams. Sit back, relax, enjoy, then go and buy your ticket to Play (still at earlybird price) if you haven't done so.

See you in July

the Play Team
www.playfestival2011.co.uk

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Damn, damn, damn... out of the UK for 2 years and the first thing I'm really narked about missing is Play 2011 (forever called 4Play in my mind).

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hi there, in search of driver for lift or splitting the cost of minibus hire from East Sussex. We are 2 adults + toddler (hes lovely and well behaved) who would need a proper seat+belt for his carseat. We are in Hastings and would prefer pick up from here but at a push could travel to Brighton or surrounding areas. Our ex-lift has other commitments and we are desperate to get there, if you are interested please send me a message smile smile x x

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
sick line up! well done Play crew! smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
looks awesome... I sent an email about it, but reckon there's still space for volunteers?

Just a dancer in the dark

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
looking forward to it smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Seaspray, where did you send the mail? if it was to info@ i should have just replied to you.... let me know. and yes, there are still spaces for volunteers.

Rob

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
aye... you did indeed. T'was the seaspray email address in fact

Just a dancer in the dark

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Lots of Big News this week: first up is that Earlybird Ticket sales will stop on Friday 17th June, so if you want to save yourselves a few pennies, there's only a week to go before prices go up to £60/ticket. Thanks to all of you who have already bought your tickets as it makes it much, much easier to plan the festival!

Got an Act? There are a couple of opportunities to share your talents with one of the nicest audiences around. Thursday night sees a new Open Stage. If you want to perform and save yourself £20 from the ticket price, there are 8 spaces for this show. It's an opportunity for amateurs to bring their considerable talents to the stage, but if you DO do this for a living it must be something new! Send us your name and act details (props, length, stage specs, music) to info@playfestival2011.co.uk and we'll try to fit you into our big tent, and if your act is selected we'll give you a lovely shiny £20 note as you come off stage.

If you've a slightly less polished number, or just want to share something ridiculous, or technical, or weird, or just a new trick, we will have a Renegade... And if you're going along just to watch, be nice! We want Renegade to reclaim the loveliness it once had.

We're super excited that some of our favourite circus faces will be coming back to Play this year – the ever incredible MCP has been honing her already amazing skills at Circomedia this year so hold on to your seats for an outstanding show. Joining Solstix on stage will be Antti Suniala, bringing a UK premiere of Allstaffs' new 3 person show. This video is 2 years old so when you've watched it with a slightly dazed expression, just try to imagine what they can do now...:

New this year is dedicated Kids Stuff. The supremely talented and really rather lovely CircusBoy Paul will be running workshops and shows for the yoof, and we have family friendly performance from Vagabondi Puppets, as well as some seriously fun outdoors skills for those wanting to get a little grubby...

We've a few volunteer slots still open, and we'd love to get some more workshops to add to the already rather impressive skills being offered. Get in touch on workshops@playestival2011.co.uk or info@playfestival2011.co.uk if you'd like to bring a little more to the festival.

If you're coming to Southern Lights this weekend, have an amazing time and come and say hello – but remember to book your EarlyBird by the end of next week! Good luck to the SL crew – see you soooon!

The Play Team.

jemimajemstranger
2 posts

Posted:
canny make it

willow2xSILVER Member
KeepTheWorldSpinning Originator
49 posts

Posted:
weyyyy!!! i cant wait to get myself sorted for PLAY this year;
got the dolla
got the toys
got the tent
got the stove

now all i need to do is order my tickets =)

anyone know if theres much in the line of yoyo'n going on at play?

reason i ask is cause ive been teaching yoyo as part of a module for the kids in work... depending on the interest and what other workshops are going on i may be able to sort out a bit of a lesson for you's =)

KeepTheWorldSpinning with me =]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
get in touch with Jake, on workshops@playfestival2011.co.uk and he'll be able to fit you in for sure smile

@Jem. Nooooo!

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Car share available from Glasgow on the Wednesday if anyone is interested smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Less than two weeks to go! We are super excited and so are lots of people who are heading our way, by the looks of things

We've got loads of news for you, beginning with the fact that advance tickets will stop on Monday 25th July, so if you haven't already, go and grab yours before it's too late. Thank you for all your offers to volunteer; official positions have now been filled, but we'd love some more help during the week - if you are feeling useful come and tell us!

We've got loads more great entertainment to tell you about: storytelling, youth circus and a few of our favourite people coming to compere our stages. Ryan Mellors hosts our Open Stage, for which there are still a couple of spaces. Remember, it’s a chance for amateurs to take to the stage, but if you do circus for a living it has to be something new. Send us your name and act details (props, length, stage specs, music) to info@playfestival2011.co.uk and if your act is selected we’ll give you some money back on your ticket!

The lovely Ben Cornish brings that Old Skool feel to the Saturday show, while stuntman Joseph Peace will guide you through the dangers and thrills of the Fire Cabaret.

Area 51 are on their way with their amazing walkabout acts. Apart from hellish grannies, we have no idea what they are going to unleash on us. It'll be brilliant. But we're a little scared...

One of the top UK youth circuses, Organised Kaos will be presenting their own show, as well as offering youth-friendly skill shares and workshops. Talking of which; we've also got loads, and loads and loads of amazing workshops. They're over here. Thanks for all your offers – keep them coming!

Last but not least; if you want to stay in comfort you can stay in the Workhouse bunkhouse. It's near the main tent, has it's own own toilet and lounge, costs £10 per person per night and if you stay there they offer a cooked breakfast for £3 instead of £5.

On that note, we have to get back to the grindstone to make it all happen - so here is taste of some of the beautiful skills that will be on stage and being taught by Cyrille and Doro. Enjoy, and see you soon!

The Play Team

Page: