Forums > Social Chat > Pic I Made...Oppinions?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

WOOHOO! I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!

I had been trying for some time to show this pic on HoP and couldn't figure it out, until I started playing with it on my webpage and figured it out!

Happy Dance!!!!!

So What Do Yall Think?

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
lovely!

There's some very cute pics on your homepage too. I'm impressed. Have you seen Jemima's "What I do" thread? She's an arty type too..

nice one

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that's so nice it's avatar worthy
woot!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Im also arty too!.
I love your pics and your site is really fun!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

1,032 posts

Posted:
After going through my homepage I realized it needed some updating and I added a pic of one of my cats Rowdy in the "My Critters" link.

I'm thinking of making more doll pics of my friends.

I made the doll, but I didn't have the programs to make the fire trails. I had to email the pic to Dio and asked him to add that effect. Maybe when he gets back here I can play on his Photoshop program and learn how to do all that fun schtuff

[ 24. July 2003, 12:43: Message edited by: Mistress Aurora ]

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
mmmtastey

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
funky pic mistress

put loads of stuff up !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

cicatrixmember
32 posts

Posted:
yeah, it's super cute, and v. sexy

'share and enjoy'

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Yeah it is quite sexy isnt it:). clever too!.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thanks!

I plan on making more and messing around more with my homepage. I am wanting to make one now, but I have to go to work.

Hopefully one of these days I will be able to make an animated doll spinning poi.

[ 24. July 2003, 12:42: Message edited by: Mistress Aurora ]

1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
I love your pics and your site is really fun!
Thank you ASTRO FAERIE

I plan on adding some new pages, but don't know exactly of what yet. Maybe a page with all the fire dolls I make playing with different toys?

NoUsmember
35 posts

Posted:
Hey that's Great... which program did you used?
it's really great... and about your webpage.... one word for your pictures... AWESOME!!!!

mmmmmm... I really don't know...

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
thats cool, its weird because the fire looks real, but the girl dosnt. hmmm anyway, thats my thought, however insignifigant

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
which program did you used?
Well it is a website I use. It is free to the public to use too. Here it is

quote:
its weird because the fire looks real, but the girl dosnt
Well that's because the fire is real. It is from one of our fire photos. I made the doll and sent it to my bf since he has photoshop and asked him if he could add some fire poi to the pic.I hope to learn how to do photoshop that way I can add more effects to different doll pics.

1,032 posts

Posted:
Oh I made a new doll pic and posted it on a new page I made for my webpage. Fire Doll Pic Page

I will keep adding new dolls, but won't be able to add any effects to them until Dio gets back so I can use his photoshop.

I will just post them for people to see what they look like and to get yalls oppinions on what effect I should add to them.

*NOTE* I will be a beginner at using photoshop so some effects I may not know how to do right away, but I will play around with it and figure it out sometime.

1,032 posts

Posted:
ARGH! The site has had technical problems all day. I had made a pic and the site went down. I believe they are still working out some bugs in their system.

The pic that I made that is on the link in the previous post took me 5 tries before I could get it finished and saved.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Mistress Aurora, how do you make your images? They're quite small....are they scaled down, or is it all manual pixel work?

Just curious, I like the style.

1,032 posts

Posted:
Paddy, I'm not sure exactly what they are. On the site it has different parts you use to make the dolls. Pretty much click and drag the parts you want and build the dolls. I think the owner of the site uses photoshop to make them and some people donate stuff to her.

Charmedmember
9 posts

Posted:
wooo sexy girl. i like it.

I'm not perfect. I'm not you. I don't want to be.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Ah, got it. I missed the link to that site...I thought it was all hand drawn stuff.

Still very cool, I like the fire!

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thank you Paddy

The only hard part I believe I will face is trying to make the different fire toys for the dolls.

I want to be able to make a staff,poi,fans,clubs,etc. for the different dolls, and if other people want to give suggestions on what would look good I might be able to make some for fellow HoPpers to use.That is a "might" because I will have to work around my work schedule and Dio's class schedule since his computer is the one with the Photoshop on it.

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
[image]https://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/aed712d/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Fire1.gif?pfBdbI_ArE853N3d[/image]

this pic is kinda old but who knew that you could get tracers like that without a high price adjustable camera?!?! only minor color editing done so it shows up better. but this has to be one of my fav pics of mine.

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
not meaning to steal the spot from your thread!?!?! SORRY! I just saw a good spot to put one of my pics up. Your site is great and I love all your pics. hope to see you soon in stillwater so we can practise

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
cool!

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
what do you think of my pic i finished today?

in a rolf harris stlye "can you tell what its is yet?

later days

Non-Https Image Link

https://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~mpstepek/Animation10.gif

Step (el-nombrie)

1,032 posts

Posted:
Kewlness! Did you make that using a program or what?

I have been trying to get back on my other site, but they are having probs with it so I have to wait.

That pic is spiffy

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thanks, i used a prite image of myself that i built from scartch. then using a blast image from maga man x to greate teh fire.

its was an animation prog doin it frame by frame to build the spin, itsstill needsmore frames, and more fire effects, but as aprotorype itll be ok

cheers, how did you put the fire spin around you doll?

Step (el-nombrie)

1,032 posts

Posted:
Well I made the doll at a website and tried to do some effects of my own, but I don't have the programs to do so on my computer

I then emailed it as an attachement to my bf who used his photoshop to create the fire. He took one our our troupes fire pics and somehow got it to go on the pic with my doll. I'm not sure exactly how he did it, you may have to ask him.

quote:
then using a blast image from maga man x to greate teh fire.

Dio makes comic's using mega man and the rest of the characters on his photoshop program

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Yup, check it out at Digital Psyche: The Comic

Animated GIF is neat my friend, what is the name of the program you're using? I used an old freeware one from Download.com to make claymation way back in the day, but I'm sure there's better stuff out there now.

I'm actually working on a way to insert an animated sprite character into one of our fire team videos, via Premiere and Photoshop filmstripping... lots of work but I think it could be done and look nifty

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah i make comics, but i use loads of diff srite pages to do them, ill mail you them if you like?

i used jasc animation shop to do teh file, i am hoeping to use bryce and photo max to fiish my full3d sire spin soon, ive used poser to create the spinner and move, and now useing bryce to move the balls and the max to finish coat it!

you could use premier to over lay teh image to teh still in teh video, or you could produce teh animation, then import both teh vid and ani into flash and then timetehm together andpublish eth flash file as a movie!

anyways

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
That would be super! You ought to link me to your comic site as well

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Page: