Combat MosesSILVER Member
Revrend
27 posts

Posted:
Hi I am a long time fire eater who is trying to get into club manipulation but I can not seem to find anything at all anywhere to help me learn tricks my friends tell me just to learn poi and then try and retrofit the tricks to clubs but is that really the only way or is there some helpful videos I missed did I really pick the worst manipulation art to start with?

Only boring people get bored.- James Walton

You can only get bored if you don't know how to live.-His son

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Hello Friend,

Let me introduce to you a great club spinning resource from the HoP archives.

[Old link]

On the later pages, like page 14 and 15 maybe, a kind person has posted an organized list of links to every club spinning video they could compile at the time. I am saying there might be hundreds of club spinning video links posted through out this thread. Some are older and have been taken down, but many are still good and are very helpful. I recommend reading through the entire thread, I learned a lot when I did. Also, there are some links to club spinning books that can be viewed for free! Really groovy info contained here my friend!

I mainly spin poi, and toss juggle, but have found that many common club spinning moves closely relate to poi. In fact, the only things I do with club spinning, are variations of moves I do with poi.

Like any manipulation art, it just takes tons of time an patience. I agree that there are not as many good club spinning tutorials as poi, but that could be your calling to contribute to the community?

Chances are, I love you.

Good luck friend, I wish you and everyone you know the absolute best!

Groovy

Combat MosesSILVER Member
Revrend
27 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: OhioSean
Chances are, I love you.

well I do declare you are a bold one let us start with coffee and tea then speak of love.

but on a more relevant note thank you very very much I'll mine that thread for any gold silver and hopefully platinum its worth over the months and compile a cohesive list of helpful videos still up and repost on a new tread giving due credit to original finders of course then I think you are right when I get the skills down I will start making videos for others to learn and grow with

I probably love you too

Only boring people get bored.- James Walton

You can only get bored if you don't know how to live.-His son

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Aside from club spinning, with practice you can do some contact staff tricks with clubs also.

What always works for me with club manipulation is staying up really late and then playing and seeing what happens. Sometimes I come up with something interesting, and sometimes I accidentally hit myself in the eyebrow with a club. *shrug*

Have fun!

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Just back from kinetic fire where I attended one of Noel workshops on the Vulcan Tech Gospel, which can be downloaded in pdf form from noelyee.com. It's all about transitions and how to put club spinning manipulation into 3 dimensions. It will be easier to digest if you know the basic timings and directions.

Learn lots and share

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget