Forums > Social Chat > batman fans... EEEEEEP!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i know a few of my fellow comic book geeks will be as excited about this as i am

shocking news

'batman - dead end' .

wow innit?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

The Dragonmember
13 posts

Posted:
im a marvel man, not so much into dc.

at least it was about batman, and not superman.

not to mention you have that kick ass artist jim lee doin you justice

ASCEND!Fire dance with me!let me be the most liscentious martyr!SEAR ME!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
eep indeed

Aronofsky? Hey! he should be busy making that Watchmen film!

(that i know in my heart of hearts is never going to get made and even if it does will be a pale shadow of the original but hey, there's always hope...)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'm more of an indie fan myself to be honest but i do love bats.
mind you, i would have got excited about pretty much any comic book adaptation as good as this one is

full league of extraordinary gents movie soon

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
WOO! Now thats worthy of a hyper-EEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

yeah, all the classic marvel/dc characters do nothing for me really. They taste like soap.

Liking Eddie Campbell's Bacchus stuff at the moment. Thank the Matrix for comix obsessed friends that lend me stuff

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
aronofsky had nothing to do with it as far as i can tell...

it was directed by a bloke called Sandy Collora.

aronofsky is doing 'the fountain' next which is going to be the shit. unfortunately no brad pitt now but if this is nearly as powerful as requium then its gonna kick ass.

as far as i know, watchmen isn't getting made even though the script was apparently 'one of the best comic book adaptations ever'.
i don't get why its so f uckin hard personally - all the story boards are finished before they even start!

haven't heard anything about 'batman: year one' for a while either (aronofsky was suppossed to be directing that as well)

[edit for simian: leagueofextraordinarygentlemen trailers ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
unfortunately my work pcs (my only intronert axis) have media player disabled so we can't look at videos

and it would take about quarter of an hour to download a still anyway

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Ooh... I'm more a Vertigo/small press sorta gal, but Batman is what I grew up with.

I can't wait to get home and look at those links more carefully. It would be nice to finally see a good, modern Batman flick without those extraneous rubber suits. Really, Batman and Robin should just leave the fetishizing to Catwoman; she did it so well.

E pluribus unum, baby.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Okay, can I just say, that I love Batman actually bat-people in general. I once dressed up as a naughty batgirl for a Come as Your Favorite Comic Book/Cartton Character party. And therefore I am so upset that the computer I am on wouldn't let me see whatever it was that you posted, Coleman. damn computers......

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Errr... Wow.

Batman has to be my favourite comic book superhero ever.
I also think that the first film is the best comic book film adaptation I've seen. Unfortunately, the sequels don't really keep up the high standards (George Clooney as Batman, whose twisted imagination did that come from?)

I've been waiting for another decent Batman film for a long, long time, while this is just a short, I still really, really need to see it.
I really, really need to see this short

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.