Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge Crew*Giggles* I will never read anything without imagining your accent along with it SoD. What accent? Sounds normal to me tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Now I kinda feel like the user with someone else...

hug

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Quote:Is my michigan accent really that bad?

It makes me think 'Fargo'ish.

Quote:What accent? Sounds normal to me

Don't get me started on New Englanders tongue2

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I have an accent, regardless of my lengthy attempts at ditching it. *sounds oh so Delmarva IRL!* tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
mwahaha, no-one can mock my accent tongue2

... well... they can, it's just I've never seen them post in Social Chat

Just a dancer in the dark

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
If we knew what you sounded like we would make the effort smile

787 posts

Posted:
LOL I think only Bren knows! Perhaps it might not be as evident as I think, but whenever I travel I'm always asked where I'm from grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
When I travel or not even, I always get asked, "Where the hell are you from?" Then I have to do the song and dance about my life.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
You guys should see my chem teacher. He's from the upper peninsula, or as we would call a "Yooper." I love it when he's bein funny and he puts on his yooper accent grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewIf we knew what you sounded like we would make the effort smile

Precisely my point!

Thankfully pretty much everyone I've met gets I'm english... though there was the one guy who thought I was an Aussie

Just a dancer in the dark

787 posts

Posted:
LOL well I've been able to downgrade my accent closer to Baltimore over the years, this is a youtube video made by an old buddy of mine that sounds similar to Delmarva accent (a touch less hick-ish which honestly only comes out when I'm upset personally)

I get asked so much I guess our area is distinct too (those two are hamming it up a bit for the camera, but we don't take ourselves too serious over this way). I'd need verification if I'm more or less thick than that, I guessing maybe a little more cause I'm from well here and go to Bmore for excitement smile

my cheesebucket self being lame on RB2 think my accent affects singing a little bit
EDITED_BY: EpitomeOfNovice (1274132877)
EDIT_REASON: gah for a limited time only for comparison and lulz!

~Rock on!~

2,280 posts

Posted:
Accents don't usually come up when you sing. Mine goes away, and when singing german I can give a good german accent because tha's just how it's sung smile

I am a singing Nazi, I hate when people seem ti make up words or pronounce something wrong, and I mean really wrong. It makes me want to pull my hair out. My absolute biggest pet peve has to do with words, whe people ADD ON THEIR OWN SYLLABLES! And when people completely botch a word, the word is "confusing" not "conjunctive!" I don't get people in my school. If you were in my classes you would see how retarded people are! I want to punch them.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
oh your one of THOSE.... wink haha jk

What do you mean kids? refuge?

And I have a slight accent I've been told, nothing too crazy though.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Idk about my ccent, I don't speak much different that anyone else really. I speak more smartierer than most people my age tongue2

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitIf you were in my classes you would see how retarded people are! I want to punch them.

More or less extreme than one would feel driving on I-95 or the DC Beltway? LOL I'm sure I can relate... wink

The only times my accent cannot be broken is on certain words a very typical Delmarva thing (i.e. "water" becomes "wooder", "wash" becomes "warsh", "sure" becomes "shore", "Baltimore" becomes "Bauldimore", "up in there" is "up'nair" lots of slurring and a tiny drawl while attempting to sound as minimally southern as possible, until one of us gets excitable and the restraint flies out the window! LOL) and my accent is hodge-podged with hints of Hawaiian pidgin and diction as well, but minus certain words and phrases I have as neutral sound as possible compared to others who never left this area ever.

~Rock on!~

2,280 posts

Posted:
I just figure out today how to help develop calluses on your hands to help cradle fire poi. It's kind of odd and I didn't know it was serious at first. You piss on your hands... The uric acid develops calluses on your hands. Apparently it's a trick from baseball smirk The thought of it is so odd, but, well... you get it.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Except 'Fargo' was actually set in Minnesota, where I'm from, and trust me, SoD's accent is nothing compared to a lot of accents I grew up around.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenExcept 'Fargo' was actually set in Minnesota, where I'm from, and trust me, SoD's accent is nothing compared to a lot of accents I grew up around.

I did add the 'ish' to the end. It's hard for me to make a deep distinction between some accents.

VensiciaBRONZE Member
тыщ
13 posts

Posted:
Now I'll never be able to talk to anyone in any language but Russian =))))) Every one will try to find strange accents =))))))))))))))))))))

(and I already have an accent - the whole Russia thinks, that in Moscow we have a "Moscow accent") =))))))))))))))

"Social injustice:
You beat me with lightnings and fire, and I raise the dead. So what the hell you are soldier of light and the fighter for justice, and I am a nasty necromancer which should be destroyed?"

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Oh my gawd Refuge yer so friggin stoopid yer wicked retahded ya mook! Which translates from Bostonian into "Good morning Refuge, glad to see your doing well and hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: VensiciaNow I'll never be able to talk to anyone in any language but Russian =))))) Every one will try to find strange accents =))))))))))))))))))))

(and I already have an accent - the whole Russia thinks, that in Moscow we have a "Moscow accent") =))))))))))))))

I love Russian accents! So sultry and captivating. I used to have a friend who emigrated to America from near Novosibirsk. I could listen to her talk for hours and thought it was amazing. I miss her!

VensiciaBRONZE Member
тыщ
13 posts

Posted:
Really? =))) Never seen someone loving russian accent.

I always like the way the "russians" sound in foreign movies. Sooooo funny =))) "Tovarish, vodka, perestroyka" =))))))))))))))))))

"Social injustice:
You beat me with lightnings and fire, and I raise the dead. So what the hell you are soldier of light and the fighter for justice, and I am a nasty necromancer which should be destroyed?"

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I will say that most attempts to actually get a Saffrican non-accent (what accent?) that I have heard failed miserably.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: VensiciaReally? =))) Never seen someone loving russian accent.

I always like the way the "russians" sound in foreign movies. Sooooo funny =))) "Tovarish, vodka, perestroyka" =)))))))))))))))))) Very true, accents can be quite different from how they actually sound to how people in different regions think they should sound. Like a real Irish accent versus the portrayal of that leprechaun who sells cereal.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I got my varsity letter!!! It was my last meet and we did it! I ran 2 800's today and my shins are dead, but I got my letter!

2,280 posts

Posted:
*** it decided to post twice
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1274224228)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I would like it stated for the record that this is going to suck so hard the exam venue will implode, nature abhoring a vacumn and all that. I apologise now for the injuries everyone writing with me will sustain.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
You'll do great Aston wink

VensiciaBRONZE Member
тыщ
13 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413Very true, accents can be quite different from how they actually sound to how people in different regions think they should sound. Like a real Irish accent versus the portrayal of that leprechaun who sells cereal.

I wonder, is it so hard to get native speaker? Maybe they think its not so funny =)))

P.S I want home...

"Social injustice:

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413Oh my gawd Refuge yer so friggin stoopid yer wicked retahded ya mook! Which translates from Bostonian into "Good morning Refuge, glad to see your doing well and hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

LOL I just saw this! I have a friend from Staten Island and that is EXACTLY how she talks to people! Everyone here thinks she's rude and vulgar, but they don't understand, where she comes from it's not taken seriously, it's joking/friendly.