Forums > Social Chat > AWOL HoP Friends - where are you?

Login/Join to Participate

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
So PyroWill and I are sitting at the Spinning@ tent at the BJC (british juggling convention) discussing life, the universe and gingerness. We realised we have a lot of AWOL friends, from the 'old' days who we haven't heard of, know what is going on with them.

So this is a request to everyone, old, young, middle, ginger, blonde, tall or short... If you know of, or about any of the people below, or have any people you want to add to find out about, please post!!

NoN
Frodo
Greenmilk
Char
Spud
JoSixSteps
Konsti
Polythene
Pounce
Gelfling
Strugz
pigeon_wigeon
Trippy Hippy
Flame Boy
FRD
Wild Child
Jez
Sir_Sheep
Flid
Drome Pixie
... more to be added later
x

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Im hopefully meeting up with FRD for a drink this coming saturday! Will see what he is up to and tell him to get on here once in a bit.

Hope you had fun at BJC.

Doug.x

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Man, I'm on here all the time. I just lurk and rarely post.

Met up with UCOF the other night for a pint or five. He hasn't been on here for ages apparently. But we had a good old reminisce about the golden days. Its a shame we've all stopped posting, but tbh, I think a lot of us have stopped spinning all together.

Also saw Pigeon towards the end of last year. Again, don't think she's been on HoP for fookin' ages.

But I like this thread. It is a good thread. Full of nostalgia and such.

Pay attention kids. Some of those names up there made HoP the kickass place it is today.
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1303395127)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Kickass*

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
old "generation of steel"

ninja

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Strugz has a new job and just bought a house and he also has a little girl which I can imagine is taking up a bit of is time. (though most of this is about a year old I spoke to him just before Xmas but his phone answering skills are aweful)

Frodo I believe is working in Portsmouth

Pigeon - If that's clare she's also settled down in portsmouth with a new chap.

I'm sure I saw Wild Child at Southern Lights last year but could be mistaken.

That is my round up of the one's I can help with hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about Konsti the other day! I was thinking about how drunk we got in Vienna laugh3 Lost touch with him after that though.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Been a longtime since I've logged on here! Hi guys wave

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I still speak to WildChild (very) occasionally. Her and Roman (TrippyHippy) both live (seperately) in Cheshire as does Pete. I assume a selection of them will be at Play.

I've barely seen anyone for ages - Uni and being self employed have destroyed my ability to do anything. I'm sure half the people I know from HoP I met it forests at night and that doesn't really happen any more unfortunately :-(

I intend to gather all the Manc spinners together and drag them to Play though. I believe that there's still a chance that Simta and Aimee will be coming up from Hastings with their little'un Theo (he's awesome!).

I'm hoping to catch up with a LOT of people that weekend. There's loads of people I've not seen for years who have all been very much missed.

Has anyone got any idea what happened to the anglian raver that was known as Alien Oddity (Alan?) in his latter years on HoP?

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
feel kinda sad i was left off this list lmao

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty surprised I made it.

coolface.jpeg

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
well look at your location dude wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm here!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Just as a disclaimer - The list was people who I hadn't, nor PyroWill heared from or about for a while...

Anyone left off doesn't mean we don't care, it means we either see you on facebook, or through other friends, or such like...

Keep the info coming though!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
/offers a pink flower

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Gnor hug2

I still have photos of that gorgeous flower and fond memories of the museum fun-time!! kiss

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm at an airport bar waiting for a flight to Ireland grin

Oh, you weren't asking about me, were you? Cos you saw me 2 weeks ago...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Seye

I intend to gather all the Manc spinners together and drag them to Play though. I believe that there's still a chance that Simta and Aimee will be coming up from Hastings with their little'un Theo (he's awesome!).

If we can arrange a lift!! As much we miss everyone we have no intention what so ever of training it all the way up there with a toddler and a canvas tent!!
I've posted in the play thread too but anybody reading this who has a van big enough for 3 of us (proper seat+belt needed for the boys carseat), or is interested in splitting the cost of a minibus from Sussex then please get in touch!!

Trying not to get too excited as travel is obviously still pending but I am so looking forward to seeing people!

zamiriiBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I just checked... been a long long time since i've been here. last post was 2007 frown

need to find more people in south florida, USA. I won't see Riz this spring since Maja canceled her Spirit of the Tribes Show for this year (a bellydance show here)

Every Day I add another name to the list of people who piss me off

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
I do know that Flame Boy moved to London a couple of years ago and is rowing for Moseley. I haven't spoken to him in a while, although I do have him as a facebook friend and can get in touch with him if you want?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.