protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
One of the Calefaction crew just got a new digital camera, so natch to help him break it in we took a ton of cool fire pix. It even does videos! Follow the links at the top of this page:https://www.calefaction.org/photos/I'm the lady with red-eye (in Vergil's pics) with the blue t-shirt. PJ, also on this board, has longish red hair and a white tshirt on. Other Calefaction guys spinning fire in the pics are Dan (bushy red hair) and Phil G. (wearing shorts).Also, RobC. (the guy with the new camera) figured out how to take 40 second quicktime videos with the camera..check those out as well! smile

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
They look shocked WICKED shockedHow many damn wicks have you got on some of those chain?peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Great photos Protie smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I like how you spin protie smilenot that that means much to you, but I thought i'd say it anyhow.Josh

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Josh it means a lot to me! Thank you so much!Gotta love the one where I whack myself square on the back, hee hee! wink

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Those are so tight!A Nikon Coolpix 990 huh? Been looking for a camera...Keep em grooving!------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think we've all been there protie smileA good stuff up is like a watermark of Authenticity smileJosh

veesBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
The Nikon CoolPix 990 is nice for a bunch of reasons, mostly because it can either meet or beat most of the stuff that my old Olympus OM-10 35 mm SLR used to let me do. It has great contrast depth and accurate color, and can be switched over to full manual mode, which includes the ability to control the F-stop, shutter speed, and a virtual ISO setting.The next photographed spinjam photo session in Baltimore will be using a tripod with the manual settings, automatic blur reduction and the three second shutter delay (acts as a sort of electronic remote shutter release) with fixed 2 second exposures. If the spirit moves, we may do some more movies too.I used the automatic blur reduction in the 4 second shots. Those pictures could be done with a 35 mm camera only if you had a tripod underneath it because nobody in the world can hold a film camera still enough for 4 seconds and still get a crisp picture. All those shots were taken in my shaky hands with the camera taking care of the rest.Plus, the 40 second QuickTime movies are just COOL.Average price on eBay is about $700 for the basic unit, which is about the same as the street price on PriceWatch right now. Worth every damn penny, though.I've got some black and white 1 and 2 second exposures from the Blast Furnace party up on the web. The bottom of page 6 and most of page 7 have good examples of what I'm talking about.https://vees.net/pdf/blastfurnace/