Page:
FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Bin Laden is DEAD! He had it coming!

Now if only NATO would leave Afghanistan!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
well it's the rule of the "biggest guns" I'd say...

of course I - knowing a bit about the region - would not have informed the Pakistani government either, unless parking in front of the gates... and it will be interesting to learn, how long he lived there and why the Pakistani govt had no knowledge of it.

it will be thrilling to witness the creativity of bin Ladens supporters in their revenge... the planet has in no way gotten safer since he was shot.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
There is no need for BIG words and 'dead' is not a shortcut either..

ninja

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
maybe I just leave it like that:

I can understand yet feel it's strange to celebrate anybodies death with parades, champagne and waving flags. sorry that after such a long time, we're coming back here only to put each other off again. it's a cultural thing. it's an educational thing and it's an ethical thing. i can't find any "christian values" in that either. I love you as individuals, but for me that social cookie cutter distorts the light shining from you...

grouphug thanks for sharing opinions anyway.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I for one think celebrating death is a little ridiculous, but also, celebrating this death. What did it solve? Will terrorism end now that he's dead? Was getting himself killed just part of his plans?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SeyeI'd take a look at the nationalities of the people posting on both sides in this conversation though. You can probably take that as a fairly good indicator as to the split in oppinions of how to deal with this kind of thing around the world.

I've looked. I really only see one nationality in particular with a wide range of veiws on the matter.

I am just trying to put the best face on my fellow human beings and bring another way of looking at it to the table. It really is all about the media's choice on what to cover. 4000 out of 310 million people celebrating Bin Laden's death in 2 locations... 12000 out of a billion people in 6 locations celebrating the fall of the WTC... That is not the best way to guage a people's standards.

Those whom may be celebrating Bin Laden's death are unfit to judge him and his deeds, so too, are those that would judge them that are celebrating Bin Laden's death. I understand what you are saying but forgive me if I also still see a deep bias on your part. I am sure that hundereds if not thousands of examples of discraceful acts can be found in any western country, maybe not over the death of Bin Laden but disgraceful all the same. Riots over austerity measures, insulting pictures of an important religious figure, laws that impose on a human being's fundamental right to observe their religious attire in public, holidays celebrating a man that attempted to blow up parliament, ect. ect. ect.

As for what was and wasn't done legally... PFT! Bin Laden is probably alive and well after cutting a deal with the US gov.

FT: What is this 'Christian' thing I keep hearing about? tongue2

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
RC: it's not within "christian values" to celebrate a lost life - at least not today, at least not in the West. Chancellor Merkel gets a lot of beating for a comment, that she feels "happy" about the killing of bin Laden - even from the church.

however: I understand the more, when reading into US media propaganda just how much you guys get hammered with nationalism every freaking hour of the day.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110504/us_time/08599206932700
interesting read

Originally Posted By: TIMEWilliams [one of the children present when Bush got the message about 9/11] says she also hated Bin Laden more as she grew up and gained a better appreciation of how fanatics had changed her world on 9/11. "All that just because he wanted to control everybody in the world, control how we think and what we do," she says.

There are essential pieces of information, I mean HUGE CHUNKS just missing... I'd guess bin Laden "hated" the US so much because of exactly the same reasons: because (he thought) they want to control everybody in the world, control how everybody has to think and what everybody has to do...

I stick to it: it's a cultural thing. One beyond understanding.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It was pure sarcasm FT. wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
that's alright RC, no worries...

Meanwhile the evidence is narrowing down. I'd say he was shot by intent - as such it would be murder (not homicide or manslaughter). Maybe his "threatening move" was to raise his middle finger, maybe more maybe nothing. Interesting that the transmission of this operation was allegedly disrupted for exactly the time they were inside the building and shot him. All matter for loads of speculation and simply another staged drama...

Personally I don't need an image, to me it doesn't really matter whether he's dead, alive somewhere or never really existed, worked for the US govt or not... it's more about the circumstances and well, yea - about the reaction of people in this regard.

I do understand that the US govt. didn't inform Pakistan, but it's incredibly arrogant and another intrusion of a sovereign nation. I wish they would finally stop to send drones over Pakistan and Afghanistan... it appears like random killing and a practice field... like a sick video game only that it seems to be real people who are getting killed without proper court hearing.

Page: