Andrew_FarleyBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Can anyone do this. I can not on both sides I can on my left though...Its basiclly thredding the neddle on both sides just in a weaving pattern...can anyone help me withthis

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Keep working on split-time thread the needle in both forward and reverse, and then work on going from forward splittime TTN and turn into reverse splittime TTN.
Don't try to make it continuous at first, just do a few beats of one, then turn and do a few beats of the other. As you get better, shorten how long you stay on each side and eventually you got yourself a weave.
It takes some time to get your planes proper so nothing tangles, but it's very doable.

AstephySILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info/help....

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
You may find tips and video if you look for butterfly weaves.

One thing to bear in mind is that one side will be "weaving" forwards and the other backwards. At least as far as arm movement is concerned.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonOne thing to bear in mind is that one side will be "weaving" forwards and the other backwards. At least as far as arm movement is concerned.

I have to disagree. I have no video camera (which I'm trying to rectify) in order to film a video with, but you can do either forward or reverse weave with this move.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlayOriginally Posted By: astonOne thing to bear in mind is that one side will be "weaving" forwards and the other backwards. At least as far as arm movement is concerned.

I have to disagree. I have no video camera (which I'm trying to rectify) in order to film a video with, but you can do either forward or reverse weave with this move.

Will have to have a look. I know that that was what made it click for me. I suspect you are correct though and it should not matter.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland