kutil_tim
kutil_tim

stranger
Total posts: 2
Posted:Hey!
I'm certain I want to a buy a contact poi set with 80mm balls. I just can't decide between Pendulumpoi http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Pendulum-Contact-Poi-with-80mm-Balls
and Pendulapoi http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDet...nd-Ball-Handles
. The swivel might be cool for hyperloops but the thicker rope seems to be better for throws, isolations and stuff. What's your experience? I guess nobody has them both, but still...

Delete Topic

liquidtrance
liquidtrance

i dream in circles...
Total posts: 336
Posted:i've tried both, out of the 2 i would choose pendulumpoi, the pendulapoi use a double length of colecord which can cause annoying tangles, however i also like having swivels- therefore- custom build smile I have both an 80mm and a 100mm set of contact poi made with 6mm climbing rope, attatched to a swivel, linked to a knob handle with colecord, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=1&theater
I use very lightweight wooden handles for my 80mm's and the HOP silicon ball handles for my 100mm's as the weight ratio is not so severe smile

EDITED_BY: liquidtrance (1303209495)

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Delete

aston
aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted:Oooo.... Those are elegant.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Sister Eleven
Sister Eleven

owner of the group property
Total posts: 1277
Posted:I haven't bought HoP's pendulapoi, but the first pair of contact poi i made were almost exactly that design. They were pretty fantastic, really, and I prefer the colecord with 80mm balls because it doesn't skew the weight distribution so much. A knot above the swivel should lessen the tangling issues.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Delete

Smurf24029
Smurf24029

Poi Master Smurf
Total posts: 343
Posted:I went custom on my contact poi cuz I figured there is only one way to get exactly what I wanted. I decided no swivels because of bulk and hardware. A swivel coming right off a grip is kind of annoying for me so I cut out the swivel entirely for these thing, so no real orbitals but I have no real trouble with tangles personally. I have the silicone handle from HoP on MB 80mm a lot of people don't like the weight ratio but I love it myself. Also I use colecord so they do open up between the double length of it but as I said I haven't experienced any real trouble.

When it comes down to it, its what you want. Big rope little rope? Swivel or no? Heavier or lighter Handle? Same with the poi head. Making these kind of poi is really easier and you can find tutorials on making them pretty easy. I just came up with my own anchor for the poi head cuz I wanted super heavy duty XD. GL

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Delete

aston
aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted:Something worth looking into, if the opening of two cords is really a problem is various lanyard knots. Might make it worse for tangles though, I dunno.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Jameth
Jameth

enthusiast
Total posts: 378
Posted:I just get a needle and thread and sew the 2 cords together every 10cm or so (I use double cole cord for all of my led poi)

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit
SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
Total posts: 2280
Posted:Dude Jameth, that is the best idea ever!!!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

Teamo
Teamo

Almost again
Total posts: 124
Posted:I have both the pendulumpoi and pendulapoi, and I can say from experience that if you want to do contact moves, pendulumpoi are the way to go. The weight ratio on the pendulapoi doesn't allow for smooth contact rolls, because the handle is so heavy it want to almost pull the head off your body as it swings. Also throws are something that are definitely easier on pendulumpoi, but certainly doable with pendulapoi. Also, you can't do wibbles with pendulumpoi, but you can with pendulapoi.

As for anything else, it's just a matter of taste, as they handle pretty much everything else equally. If my pendulumpoi weren't ugly orange but pretty white like my pendulapoi, I might prefer those. But for now, because I just prefer the look on my pendulapoi, I'm hoping to find a way like liquitrance did to even out the weight ratio.

Delete

diffrentcopy
stranger

Total posts: 21
Posted:i got the pendulapoi, the swivles are alittle jerky but awesome. and i got small cuz im really short, wish i got longer but i dont care. i like them, will get pendulum poi some other time.

Delete

Soothsayer
stranger
Total posts: 7
Posted:Completely agree with SpinnerofDetroit I just sewed my 2 colecord threads together. Jameth we may need your brain for science.

Delete

Jameth
Jameth

enthusiast
Total posts: 378
Posted:I'll put a note in my will - I'm using it at the moment. grin

(well, not at the moment, it being Sunday morning, but I haz plans).

and thanks.

Delete