177 posts

Posted:
Enjoy.......

EDITED_BY: Mark Husted (1306208582)

Keep it Lit....

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
All right, the main problem is that your Poi are almost invisible.
Cone, bright color sock Poi would do much more. Also if you
can't include voice over, I'd better make it simple spinning
plus music video without anything. I totally don't get the
second half. It's out of a concept or rather some video
concept. For the next time grin.

thank you,

ninja

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Mark, I hope you were having a bad day when you posted that - it reads to me as nastily hostile, which I wouldn't have expected from the vid you posted for Flowtoys. If you're aiming your tutorials only at the elite who pick things up quickly I should be watching something else.

wrt this one: I can see it perfectly clearly, at 480p rather than HD (which is a good thing given our current connection speeds), and follow it no probs, but then I'd call myself intermediate not a beginner. I'm mostly poiing off by myself in my corner of rural Aus, I appreciate your variations on the move.

I do find the music distracting when I'm trying to learn something but it's not a problem using the vid - since I'm following the surtitles I just turn the volume right down.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I have but one question.... Why is it so many people prefer to spin split time opposites outwards? I have always liked inwards better.

I thought it was a fine video though, but I'm not sure (as mentioned above) whether it's beginner or not, as I'm familiar with most of this already.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
wrt direction of spin - I don't mind one way or the other with standard butterfly but with TTN I have a strong preference for inwards.

'til I saw this* I've not played that much with wheel plane SPTOD so I don't know about a preference for that.

*that's why I think it's more an intermediate vid - further things to do with SPTOD rather than how to do one in the first place.