Stnd54SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
I'm looking into getting a new set of poi, and I was wondering if it would be better to go with a set of crystal poi with flowmass or the monkeyfists with pro cords.

I'm currently using some cone poi with about 130g of rice in them and was wondering how the flowlights and monkeyfists would compare in weight and feel? Also would it be worth using either in daylight/twilight or is it best to spin at night?

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Crystal poi + one mass = 95g, 2 mass = 125 g.

Monkey fist weight depends on which one - it'll be listed for each on the HOP page. Remember the chains for fire will weight a lot more than cords.

Each has advantages and disadvantages - fire is brighter, more work, more impact. Flowlights IMO are prettier, and need less care to use safely.

I find both can be seen quite well at dusk, or on heavily overcast days but pretty pointless in Aus in full daylight.

If you keep spinning I'd expect eventually you'll want both led and fire poi, which to go for first is a matter for the individual (I started with led poi, but was spinning by myself)

Stnd54SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info =) I've decided flowlights would be better as I like to be able play whenever i feel like it and spinning fire takes too much prep work and extra equipment an i'm lazy like that =D.

I was thinking how about flowlights but with a set of chains? then I could just borrow(steal) my mates fire heads that she rarely uses when i felt like playing with fire.

Would chains be ok with flowlights? On the page it says a 3mm quicklink will fit, but the pro chains don't say what size they come with.

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
I just got some flowlights and they came with the cords. However, I thought the cords were too light with them when I put a mass on. I think the chains work just fine. I put my ball type chain on them as I reserve my oval links for the fire poi. But if you put 2 masses on them (I only have 1 on each at the moment) going with the oval link should work just fine.

And if you are worried about the size of quick link, you can buy a spare set from the shop just in case.

Hope that helps ^_^

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...