AbbieJebbersstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Heya!

So after a long time off poi spinning i've finally picked them back up, had my first session with my torch poi last night on a beach, friend filmed n made a short video. Only problem is, i have no idea where to go with my learning next....

Ive got butterfly moves and weaves (inc 5 beat), some spins and split spins, but I've got no idea how make it all more fluid. I've got some transition moves but ideally i'd like to be more dancey. Have read loads of tutorials, but jsut don't know where to begin in terms of advancing from where I am now.

the video my mate edited is here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbieJebbers?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/S8PQ96cJOII

any recommendations would be most welcome!

cheers guys!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Reels.
Try to do separate things with each hand, which will lead you nicely into hybrids.
Stalls and isolations are always helpful. Wraps might work for you.

Also, there are a bunch of similar threads in here. Doing a search for "What to learn next" should rustle a few up.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

AbbieJebbersstranger
2 posts

Posted:
cheers guys!

Worked on some split butterfly moves and a bit of under the leg yesterday which i managed to get down, so its just building up the more advanced moves gradually. Have been trying reels but got no skills doing anything different with my left arm at all so thats gonna take some time! haha!

but really appreciate the responses! =) x

HOP Newsletter