FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
All over Facebook! This Protest was supported by the Tea Party.

I can't believe people in public office were at this protest. I am also amazed that the Orange County CA. has come to this!

EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1300380424)
EDIT_REASON: video

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Bigots... mad2

Hateful words come from such small minds. Intimidating women and children. Shameful.

When will these crazies realize that we are all Brothers and Sisters?

Spread smiles, peace, and love everyone. That is the best weapon against these monsters. heart peace smile

Groovy

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Or maybe turn the channel from Jersey Shore and watch the news... the people in the middle east are tired of sharia law, they want a system for the people by the people, and something that beautiful and refreshing can only add to the good of any society!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
@ Refuge Crew

clicking your link now says "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by George Collins." So please tell us, Refuge Crew, what the video origianlly showed?

Orange County, which includes the Laguna in my ID tag, has large pockets of political and social conservatives including wealthy communities which tend in that direction like Newport Beach, as well as socially and artistically liberal pockets like Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach, home of carefree surfers, biotech research centers like Irvine, Disneyland, and Santa Ana, a major Mexican-American center whose taquerias serve ingredients you won't find in most taco restaurants around the world (I eat there).

@ OhioSean

So there is bigotry around SoCal for sure, as well as Imam Mohammed Siddiqi in the OC part of the Interfaith Council which in this area is led by ministers of all faiths standing together publicly on non-theological issues.

I'm afraid the Tea Party, originating as a one-note anti-incumbents movement, has often offered no actual, substantial policy plans, has not contributed to the substance of discussion on issues, being a knee-jerk rejection reaction in itself, though that sends some message and could, harshly, be a kick toward people with ideas to get them out more eloquently in the vaccuum.

So Orange County prolly has not simply come to this, it's been partly that way for a long time. California's cities and regions are more cross-pocketed with both 2 dominant political stances/parties and the other groupable American interests in the spectrum, green, heavy libertarian but not enough to sway whole jurisdictions with libertarian office-holders, parochials, and such.

Los Angeles, which has hugely gotten over the race riots decades ago which have led cities in one contiguous, traditionally black populated area to never be mentioned abroad again, even within LA, Watts especially, so that the area has been only called "South Central" LA since before hiphop got tight, where Snoop Dogg's Inglewood spilled into making old fishing (once Portuguese?) and shipping town Long Beach into currently small counterculture hip, where there were waves of focused bashing of Korean-owned stores (when they arrived, 1 in 3 Koreans opened their own business), where Armenians from System of a Down to the Kardashians have a base, LA is like that too. Going North along the coast, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties have great coasts, some less over-visited, are party towns, and those Mediterranean red-tiled roofs you think of cost plenty, so the usual upscaling of their owners' wealth tends them toward more conservative stances interspersed with original and neo hippies.

San Diego, always famous for being most casual, has narrow, reactionary pockets, plenty of them, and trailer home parks and a full gay neighborhood second only to West Hollywood "the creative city" (on West Hollywood banners) where above-average income profiles for US gays inclines them to strong social liberalism. The Inland Empire desert counties, Imperial's farmland shipping produce all across America is full of Mexican migrant farmworkers and large agricultural concerns where the famous political folk singers you think of did their work; Riverside and San Bernardino, huge, sparse in a lot of miles, host raves where pyros flock among teknoheads, while their small towns are full of all the kinds of stereotypes of different kinds of small town people.

So there's a bit of a profile, and an update.

EDITED_BY: FireMikeZ (1299841513)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZhAtNfcBE

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I posted a new link for you, FireMikeZ.

It's all about perception and lately(as in the past 15 to 20 years) Southern California has no standing legs, but I would really like to avoid being more insulting...

*on an Anecdotal note

Originally Posted By: FireMikeZRiverside and San Bernardino, huge, sparse in a lot of miles, host....

and Ghetto, bring your Kevlar!

*Also see irony and how the double use of anecdotal can be applied to the topic and conversation grin

Scottie~MacKGOLD Member
Naval High Comander
31 posts

Posted:
That video bummed me out.

Originally Posted By: Pablo PicassoI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It's super messed up! I went to watch the protest in Phoenix yesterday. Coming face to face with the stuff is a game changer!