Page:
BirdybopBRONZE Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
Whats everyones favorite music to spin to (poi, staffs, whatever you do.)
i like the kind of... i dont want to say spiritual but that's the best way i can think of to describe it. that kind of music that is similar to trance, but not as monotonous, but im rambling hahaha. how about you out there? links would be appreciated.

WHAT?!

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I saw Glitch Mob at Spring Massive and I must say I like this Fidget music quite a bit! All those irregular beats will help with all your techiness. yes

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
They work especially well when you stall and toss all over the place.

I know my spinning music choices are kind of a one trick pony, but every time I hear something new I really dig, it keeps being from edIT or the Glitch Mob tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MidkiffIacchus is my favorite group to spin to here is the only song i could find on youtube and its on a game ???

and 3oh!3 is pretty good to

Hell yeah midkiff this is an awesome track. wish i could find more of it

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Pendulum, Aphex Twin, Chrispy (My fav dubstep DJ), Future Nurses (Local Psytrance DJs), Crystal Castles, and MC Chris.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well triptician i found the whole album on youtube this guy also has a website where you can download the whole album for free also check out usedtobecool my soul in a sock this is the same guy from iacchus but is breakcore

this is iacchus Dissociation my favorite track by them

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
cheers will check that out for sure!

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

a2m8BRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I personally enjoy spinning to dubstep or trance, basically anything with a good beat.

skv012aBRONZE Member
stranger
15 posts

Posted:
I'd say any medium speed trance. Van Dyk, ATB, etc.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Just got back from the Sunday leg of the decibel festival and have someone new I'm a fan of that is *not* related to the Glitch Mob: Mary Anne Hobbs. Great, throbby, grimy dubstep. Three acts on before her, and she was the first one to really get the crowd riled up. Aces.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenJust got back from the Sunday leg of the decibel festival and have someone new I'm a fan of that is *not* related to the Glitch Mob: Mary Anne Hobbs. Great, throbby, grimy dubstep. Three acts on before her, and she was the first one to really get the crowd riled up. Aces.

Like Button! Also, Super Like Button on your Youtube vid!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Thanks! You know me, I'm super critical of it, but I'm glad other people dig it!

787 posts

Posted:
I'm starting to really enjoy spinning primarily to Breaks and old school Hip-Hop (not Rap, Hip-Hop). Brings out a flow I'm really feeling. smile

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol i love spinning to tupac, now if i could only learn to crip walk and spin poi at the same time haha.

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
My perfect song that shows the feeling of my flow in action is Call me Manana by Scooter. Also "Manana" has the little squiggle over the first "n" I just don't have a key for it.
There's actually two versions, this is the one I like.

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1285629086)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: poismylovelol i love spinning to tupac, now if i could only learn to crip walk and spin poi at the same time haha.

I loved Tupac, when the west coast entered the hip-hop world with G-Funk and I was really into it I learned so much about Funk by finding out what they were sampling. East Coast has always sampled rock early on and worked with splicing a breakbeat in, but Tupac, Dr. Dre, Snoop, NWA, and Public Enemy were the reason I discovered Parliament Funkadelic, Sly and The Family Stone, Earth Wind and Fire, George Clinton, and a ton of other amazing music from before I was born.

Funk is awesome to spin to BTW, great for accentuating stalls or going slow and big! grin

Iconic and epic, if it weren't for G-Funk I never would have linked this (I love the fashion too BTW so influential!):

EDITED_BY: EpitomeOfNovice (1285642981)

~Rock on!~

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol that video scream drugs. good music smile
im gonna spin to some funk tommorow for the first time see how it goes. thanks for introducing me to funk grin
EDITED_BY: poismylove (1285654526)
EDIT_REASON: just realized that EoN was replying to my post and did not want to be rude lol

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceOriginally Posted By: poismylovelol i love spinning to tupac, now if i could only learn to crip walk and spin poi at the same time haha.

I loved Tupac, when the west coast entered the hip-hop world with G-Funk and I was really into it I learned so much about Funk by finding out what they were sampling. East Coast has always sampled rock early on and worked with splicing a breakbeat in, but Tupac, Dr. Dre, Snoop, NWA, and Public Enemy were the reason I discovered Parliament Funkadelic, Sly and The Family Stone, Earth Wind and Fire, George Clinton, and a ton of other amazing music from before I was born.

Funk is awesome to spin to BTW, great for accentuating stalls or going slow and big! grin

Iconic and epic, if it weren't for G-Funk I never would have linked this (I love the fashion too BTW so influential!):

If they had CL back in the day they could have totally posted in the personals section and got the funk!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: TiggenI love what I'm creating, how this is coming together, hot it 'fits' me and I 'fit' it . . . and this music helps.

Yay.

That is the name of the game!!! clap

~Rock on!~

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
poi without music is just not complete tongue2
i just fell in love with the techno remix of Imogen Heaps, Hide and Seek. dont know why but that song brings out so many emotions that i cant even describe.
and jazz is legit dude wink

dnikyreverseSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I found some cool tribal music and dubstep on this site.
Just click play at the upper left hand corner to listen to it.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: dnikyreverseI found some cool tribal music and dubstep on this site.
Just click play at the upper left hand corner to listen to it.

No link...

nico_BaeyensSILVER Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
the music i spin the most on is gorillaz the old albums smile
if i have to say a song it would be "we are the last living souls"
but i also did a show on belial-the hourglass rose that was awsem that was the first time i got in "flow-mind"

i was flowing like hell didn't kno where i was and yet i perfectly new it i was spinning like i was the he best one in the world and then suddenly the fire went out and poof i was back on earth ( little of topic XD °

Dancing with the flames,
Fire in our hearts, fire all around
We feel the breathing of the fire, we feel the spirit of the fire,
we hear the rhapsody of the fire’s wild flames…

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
SKRILLEX Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites
RONALD JENKEES Stay Crunchy
BORETA Bubblin' in the Cut

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Anything that I hear and I see spinning to it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

PeterPan27SILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I love bassnectar matisyahu Lotus and jam bands but this is great i want to make a routine to spin to this someday when i get better.
Bulb- Breeze

By the light of the moon

DidgeridudeGOLD Member
Object Manipulationist, Chain Maille Artisan, Didgeridoo Performer and Teacher
37 posts

Posted:
Shpongle, Bassnectar, STS9, Excission, Halliconogen, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, and anything heavy and dub steppy. That my preference.

I do not have a Soul, . . . I AM a Soul.
I Have a body.

MAD123stranger
1 post

Posted:
Very impreesion
Welcome to Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase, If we translate to Japanese words is
新橋 &...73;テ, It means no worries for the rest of your days, We called for 新橋 デリヘル. Hakuna Matata! Hakuna matata 新橋 性感 I say "Hakuna". I say "Matata". (⌒ ∇ ⌒)
Thanks

zanevBRONZE Member
God
33 posts

Posted:
I like to spin to a band called Combichrist , other than that I also enjoy tribal drums and some other technoish stuff

Life is a circus as some may say...

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
Goldfrapp ubblove

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

jenyharwardstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Music of Eminem will spin every one. No doubt of it!

EDITED_BY: jenyharward (1301315867)

|

Page: