• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Videos > fire poi video #5829

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 7
Posted:Hey, my name's Adam and I've been doing fire poi for awhile now (not often though) all my friends tell me I'm really good but I can't seem to take them seriously seeing as they don't know much about what I'm doing they just see fire and think cool. If I could get some criticism that would be awesome. Thanks

Total posts: 612
Posted:IMHO, you look like you have the fundamental moves down, with a few nice tricks thrown in. Maybe it's just the NyQuil talking, but you seem very agressive with the poi.

I don't think I'm qualified to give any particular advice other than clean up what you know and learn some new stuff. That's all we can ever do really =)
Poi (and other dynamic movement arts) is a never ending process.

Stick spinner
Total posts: 43
Posted:Some nice spinning there. On the tips for improvement side which you wanted i would say, work on your footwork so that your not shuffling around when performing try and work out stances and how to flow between them whilst spinning. Also you box stalls need a bit of work but there a hard trick to perfect. Just think about your planes as well as occasionally they were off. Nice video hoped my advice helped on some things to work on.

Total posts: 7
Posted:Thanks, I was taking a look at other video's on here and one guy laughed about always trying to get a perfect spin on camera before uploading. This was just a first take one shot whatever happened video so not really my best.

The aggressiveness might have been partly due to the music I was listening too and trying to keep up with the beat. Does anyone have any video's I should watch of someone doing poi to a high BPM?

Also I will really work on my footwork, I never really noticed until you pointed it out. Thank you

Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Loosen up man! Flow with it.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

old hand
Total posts: 965
Posted:Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogLoosen up man! Flow with it.

FRD posting info on poi?! When did you ever pick up a pair? But have to say I agree with him, increase your movement and improve flow. You have nailed alot of moves really well, but seems a bit shaky when moving from one to another. Apart from that very nice vid. smile

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.