DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know if they exist? I google searched it and all I got were regular fans that light up. ubbloco

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
have only seen these once in a vid about burning man. i guess these were either made or modified by the user

sorry cant be any more help

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
hmm.. I don't know much about fans but what material would you need to build such a peice. I'm guessing metal but.. maybe I don't have to use that since I'm not using fire.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who plans to make some prototype fans in the not too distant future. I imagine they would be the same materials as normal glow staves. i.e. PVC, polycarbonate, LED's etc.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

SisuSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
My husband and I own a welding company (Hell 'N' Back Welding Ltd.) and we just created some LED fans. They're 14 inches long, use Energizer flashlights with LED sticks on the end and are really durable because we used a coil on the end to hold the LED lights which mean it's like they have a spring on each LED (it's great because you can easily screw them in but they don't come out and if you drop them it acts as a nice shock absorber).
Check em out:

We've got pics on FB of the fan making process too and what they look like up close if anyone's interested.
We're probably going to start selling these through Etsy.

happyinmotionSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
I'm working on it: