cloudlotusSILVER Member
dimensional plains surfer
14 posts

Posted:
Name:
Aorja

Hometown:
Born in London, lived there for the first 4 years of my life and only visit every now and then nowadays.

Birthday (sign?):
June 11th (gemini)

Occupation(s):
Currently a customer sales advisor for Argos

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow?
As it is quite usually capable of gliding, if it didn't need to beat its wings for powered flight I'm not sure it would. Regardless of which one of the 83 or so defined species it is.

Toys:
19inch custom trials unicycle, 26 inch muni, 3 clubs (unknown make- a gift), a black slippy contact ball and a white acrylic grippy contact ball, many other various juggling balls, pair of sockpoi I didn't make myself. I've just ordered a contact staff from the flowtoys modular system after getting a staff end with a flower cap to use as a club, so with the other two ends I'll have a nice set of clubs as well as a five foot staff which I'm really looking forward to using.

Education:
Did my A levels in Art, French, English and Psychology, then spent some time at the University of Aberdeen and Central St Martins without gaining a qualification. Am hoping to get a foundation degree in circus arts from Circus Space so am applying this year.

Favorite Book(s):
The last author I really enjoyed reading was Jorge Luis Borges, writer of many short stories. For a taster try "The Book of Sand" or "Shakespeare's Memory."

Favorite Movie(s):
Rashomon by Kurosawa

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why?
The Star Destroyer isn't autonomous right? Godzilla is, so technically without any further information it is a battle between powerful technology with no one to wield it and a powerful being with no one to control it. Godzilla is far more powerful however. Star Destroyers might be big but they aint clever.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up)
Had thought about being a teacher, writer and/or artist. Maybe I'll be all.

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big?
Maybe. Will you still care what I think if I am not interested?

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?
Marmite is right even though I no longer have it.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Marmite is caustic! Have some popcorn to counter the destructive powers of Marmite. Welcome to HoP!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:

This well shows the evil of Marmite! Other than Marmite it's nice to see another shining face!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

cloudlotusSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I was wondering if the reason my girlfriend thought I was behaving in an acerbic way towards her was because I don't really eat it anymore and she had noticed the lack of The Love.

From wikipedia (I know it's not necessarily the most trustworthy mine of information) "Popcorn smell has an unusually attractive quality for human beings. This is largely because it contains high levels of the chemicals 6-acetyl-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine and 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, very powerful aroma compounds that are used by food and other industries to make products that either smell like popcorn (or bread, or other foods containing the compound in nature), or for other purposes."

Nevertheless many do deem it to be "...naturally high in fiber, low in calories and fat, contains no sodium, and [...] sugar free."

thanks for looking out for my health smile

It just so happens that I am very attracted to popcorn anyway. And this I DO eat, so whether or not the goodness I imagine to be in it is purely chemical and not really related to inherent goodness is not really important. After all good and evil are only opinions as opposed to absolute realities some might say.

But I am not here to preach and convert. In stating my existence, I have declared marmite and popcorn as being in part constitutional to my shining face! (I have eaten of it in the past and there are those who say you are what you eat) smile

Good to meet you both! tongue2

Buddha

cloudlotusSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
This was me, doin flat/street unicycling a couple of years back.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

marmite made me do it.
EDITED_BY: cloudlotus (1296265429)
EDIT_REASON: added photos

Buddha

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Still love you SoD!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP! Enjoy your stay, help yourself to the popcorn! It's delicious! You earned extra by choosing godzilla smile Well played sir

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!