Forums > Social Chat > So my flowpoi are due to arrive tomorrow hat wud be the 1st basics?

Login/Join to Participate

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
So my first poi, other than the sock poi I made and that look err unbalanced, arrive tomorrow (flowpoi duo). What basics as a complete noob shud I try first?

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
take it slow and easy with them (they aren't super deadly but they will hurt more than sock poi if they intersect your face)
try out basic turns, buzzsaw and butterfly to start off smile

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Ta muchly. Any more news on your workshops? smile

CalibudGOLD Member
φωτιά
49 posts

Posted:
I would agree with the saw and the flutterby, those were some of the first things i learned, along with the 2bw or 1bw, whatever it was.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i'm going to be back in glasgow next week so gonna look at getting them going again by mid feb I think smile
just need to get a new venue sorted, the church hall I was using is closed for renovation smirk

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
What about QMU up the West End, or Woodside Halls?

the3rdchildthe kid down the street
10 posts

Posted:
I suggest butterflies, weaves and work on your planes alot, the planes are the base for everything

who are you callin wierd, you catch balls, i just swing'em

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
New toys here and assembled fire at handle end luna at other end. Nice FEDEX man had dropped them through my letter box which is great as the nearest depot is at least 45 minutes away