• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Putting Switzerland on the English speakers map... (cause they are just so bloodly good at it!)

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 20
Posted:Hey HOPPERS!

So I just wanted to let the english speaking world in on a little secret gem of a country in Europe that has some beautiful sweet people and some lovely fire players... (not to mention the cheese and chocolate!!!!)
Its Switzerland!!!! So if you have ever wondered about coming or never even dreamt of it... now is the time...
Come and pass by Basel on a tuesday night and join our juggle meet...
Here's the link to the group on facebook... Don't worry if you don't speak German (even if you did, you probably wouldn't understand the swiss anyway wink ) They all speak English perfectly....

Love, light, fire and flight xxxx

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted:Swiss German. My head hurts just thinking about it....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Total posts: 612
Posted:Cheese?! Chocolate?! People that I can speak to?! FIRE?!

I'm there! ^_^

Now I just need some airfare and some time off from work *sigh*. =)

bastard child of satan
Total posts: 1113
Posted:I was in Switzerland last summer, and will be back there this summer as well.
Biel was amazing! So are the Swiss mountains smile

Total posts: 8
Posted:I just moved to Zurich, I was wondering if you still got together to spin? I know it is a bit chilly right now, but could always practice inside (obviously without fire). or brave the cold and spin with fire. I am an american, and i cant speak much german (let alone any swiss german).

Total posts: 29
Posted:Now that's really funny! It's in a foreign forum that I stumble accross a swiss meeting LOL (I'm swiss myself!)! .... And for the few spinners there I allready know from other places: yes! Most of them do speak english !
EDITED_BY: afriska (1302728042)