Forums > Expressive movement / costumes and props > LED hair decoration or : How do you put LED lights in cyberloc?

Login/Join to Participate

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Anyone know either where I can get good pre-made cyberlox with LED in them or how I could install LEDs in pre-made Cyberlox?

I want some to enhance a dance costume I have, but so far I've either found good Cyberlox without LED or bad Cyberlox with LED.

I'm in the UK but US suppliers would also be an option

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

DreamsofDiscordSILVER Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
As someone with a fair bit of experience in LEDs and electronics and very little experience in cyberlocks, I don't think it's too difficult. cyberlocks are just hollow tubes, right? Easiest solution would be to solder some LEDs (and the necessary resistors) in series along a wire and thread it through the 'lock. If you were doing multiple 'locks you could power it off a 9v or a couple hidden in a headband. Power source depends on how many LEDs you're intending to put into it. Also some sites sell strips of LEDs, like so: https://www.glowire.com/
which might give you the desired effect.

I would recommend EL Wire over LEDs though, if only for easy of use and "cyberpunk" look. Cut to size, hook up to power, ready to go.

"Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherf*cker in the world." -N. Stephenson

Fakir spinerBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hello Dark Dancer maybe this video will help you

Tarenstranger
1 post

Posted:
Here are some I often around website, there are many LED choice, don't know which one do you prefer, my own house also bought with feel pretty good, I like it very much, and I buy blue LED!
flexible led strip lighting
led outdoor lighting fixtures
mini led light bars

AshliMeleystranger
1 post

Posted:
I don't think it's too difficult. cyberlocks are just hollow tubes, right? Easiest solution would be to solder some LEDs in series along a wire and thread it through the 'lock.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
How about using EL wire instead of LEDs?

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.