Forums > Videos > Tutorial: 6-petal flowers, Flower of Life

Login/Join to Participate

ZanGOLD Member
Light Warrior
32 posts

Posted:
I just finished a new tutorial video on some flower moves with 6-petal symmetry. These are as close as I've come so far to duplicating the Flower of Life pattern with poi. Direct link:

To learn more about the layers of meaning in the Flower of Life, watch this other (non-poi) video: https://vimeo.com/18728283

Thanks to Alien Jon for the poi simulations!!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wow Zan - is that a practice yurt you have built?

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ZanGOLD Member
Light Warrior
32 posts

Posted:
A practice yurt? well, sort of. It's a yurt of many functions. I have no furniture that is built in, so it's completely modular. When I want to make a video, shift it one way. When I want to have a big play session, shift it all to the outside and use the center. It has also been used for long bout of costume creation and show preparation. Hooray multi-function!
Yurts are quite nice in that they have a tall space in the center. Good for juggling, toss, and such.

adeathlyauraGOLD Member
The Poi Spinning Undead
173 posts

Posted:
Nice video! I learned a lot. I have a question about the 6 petal anti-spin though. Anti-spin adds an extra loop in the air, so a 3 petal is 2 beats, a 4 petal is 3 beats, and so on. I can't tell what you're doing with this. Is it 5 beats?

Question everything.