Forums > Help! > Transporting a Fire Staff

Login/Join to Participate

pepitaonfirethe hottest thing in the north to come out of the south
10 posts

Posted:
hello, fellow spinners!

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how best to transport a fire staff by bike. my staff is home made and so does not come apart in any way, and is about as tall as i am (about 5'5), give or take. i just purchased a bike that I'm still not too steady on (dont worry, no staff transportation until im sure i know what im doing), but ide eventually like to be able to get my staff to and from jams and such without jousting traffic or pedestrians.

if anyone travels by bike with larger toys and has any nifty ideas about either how to attach it to the bike, or how to carry the thing in some other way, ide love to know them!

Thanks, HOP peeps. happy 2011.

xox.
pepita

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".
--George Carlin

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Hi Pepita,
not sure how it would work on a bike, but firetoys have full length staff carry bags which you can sling over your shoulder to hang down the side of the bike.. hope this helps smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
You can either wear it strapped diagonally across your back... or you could (depending on your bike) tie it onto your crossbar so it sticks out front and back. Neither of these options is great though!

Good luck!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I would go with along the length of the bike myself, it should be less in the way and not move much if you look over a shoulder or something.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland