FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I hope everybody is safe... grouphug

[irony]btw, you wouldn't have to clean up 10 months before I'm coming, but thanks anyway angel footinmouth [/bad sense of humor]

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
It's scary stuff. But it also made me realise how much of a hardened bitch I am - it's the animals in strife that's making me want to cry. I do actually feel really bad about that as well.

But on saying that, I'm doing a lot of thinking about my friends and family up there. And (as horrible as this sounds) feeling glag that my grandmother already passed on because this would have been horrific for her and her dementia.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
totally looking like a tsunami from the other end...

I really hope the situation improves fast....

hug to all

nico_BaeyensSILVER Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
rouge dragon i also feel bad for the animals, usualy when there are stuff like this going on the poeple get evacuated but a lot of people forget the animals frown

don't get me wrong i also feel bad for the peeps

Dancing with the flames,
Fire in our hearts, fire all around
We feel the breathing of the fire, we feel the spirit of the fire,
we hear the rhapsody of the fire’s wild flames…

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Feels a bit pointless typing this but I hope everyone is OK.
Looks like you're in for quite a bit more before it subsides too.
frown

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hello from soggy brisvegas!! grin

thanks for the messages folks! smile just wanted to let you all know, that as far as i know, all the brisbane hoppers are safe & well! some do live in the affected suburbs, & others were evacuated as a precaution...but it seems we've all come through fine, which is awesome news! & i've heard from some other hoppers in the affected areas, & it's all sounding somewhat positive, which is also good news. smile

it's gonna be a hell of a long recovery for our state (75% is now a declared natural disaster area, & i heard on tv this morning that queensland is twice the size of the uk! eek). & there are thousands & thousands of people affected by this disaster. if you'd like to help, please head to www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate & contribute to the premier's flood appeal. thanks so much everyone!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
also - juggle jam is likely to be cancelled on monday cos, well, the beach at south bank is now part of the brisbane river!!!! tongue2 weavesmiley

it's a huge disaster, but we like to keep a sense of humour...you have to in these situations...

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gitait's a huge disaster, but we like to keep a sense of humour...you have to in these situations...

https://twitpic.com/3pjb48

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

nico_BaeyensSILVER Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
good to hear that peeps are ok
keep up the smile!!! maiby u can leep the other people bussy by giving poi lessons to everyone ^^

Dancing with the flames,
Fire in our hearts, fire all around
We feel the breathing of the fire, we feel the spirit of the fire,
we hear the rhapsody of the fire’s wild flames…

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
sending a lot of love and light to all of you out there ubblove

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I am trying to imagine what a flooded Brisbane looks like! My prayers are with everyone that's been touched by the flooding, I hope their lives return to normal as soon as possible frown

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gitait's a huge disaster, but we like to keep a sense of humour...you have to in these situations...
People over here (in Chch) have been trying to compare it to the earthquake we had. Consensus is that we're probably better off with our earthquake than you guys with your flood (keeping the population difference out of it). Although the aftershocks are still keeping some on their toes.

The cleanup from the flood will no doubt take much longer than the cleanup from our earthquake and that's still going on. (Only yesterday a structural engineer told my wife he was going to recommend they bulldoze our house...)

Everyone here knows someone there with a story or ten - terrible situation, so very glad to hear at least all the Hoppers are fine. I hope their homes and places of livelihood are also fine because that's what seemed to hurt the most here - businesses going bust in the aftermath from either losing the building, the cost of the cleanup/re-stock but most commonly the decreased patronage because people were stying away due to the carnage in the area. I hope all you guys 'n gals are able to avoid that phase.

light and love to all

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
George... bulldoze your house? that sucks big time! hope it won't be necessary...

they got sharks downtown Brissie... bit scary, no?

Am very happy that none of the peeps are affected... even Eva and Kyle are safe, now that they are here in Arambol grouphug

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
we had about 2m of water at our house in rosalie, but thankfully our house is on stilts, and downstairs was only used for storage. lost a bunch of stuff downstairs, but that pales into significant to those who have lost loved one and entire houses.

bull sharks arent too scary. you just have to tickle them in the right place and they become quite friendly.

D. ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.