Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

Castlefield Dave yeah that'd be a good place, spinning by water too Mmm all good!

So are we actually going somewhere new or are you just agreeing that you liked that suggestion? It's only a few minutes away from Gasworks anyway!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
We could check it out next meet...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
And if it doesn't work - i.e. we get shooed away by the police for 'creating a public disturbance' we have go back to the gasworks anyway.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Castlefield could work quite well if we have to move from the gasworks and the weather isnt good enough for going down to platt fields park.

the 12th is looking quite favourable for the next meet now as well smile

shame you cant make it Skribble, as Tobi said you will be missed hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
when is next meet up. plz sort out.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
is the bus list for bjc still the same

Millhouse
Tobi
Dave
Jen
Sam
Ree
Laura
Rob
Me
Kev
Pete
Elaine

????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

is the bus list for bjc still the same

yes, apart from Elaine isn't coming, my friend Nigel is replacing her, Jen & Dave are considering doing Falmouth too and Kev & Pete haven't got back to me.

If we're gonna try caselfield this time, we should swing by the gassworks to pick up any stragelers. Sat or Sunday anyone? I can do either.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im confused now, we all still meet at gasworks then scouting, or straight to caselfield....i dunno where that is eek

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol, dont worrie bubbles, we allways meet at pic gardens beforehand *pats head*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
thanks steaks and tobi i will try but like i say i dont think its likely! frown

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I suggest the usual of meeting in pic gardens then the gasworks. castlefield is only a short walk down from the gasworks so some people can have a walk down to check it out if they wish, so everyone doesnt have to lug all their toys down.

and are we gonna finalise the next meet for sunday?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Sunday's best for me 'cos it's free parking and I'm a cheapskate

biggrin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Will and Ed? Cantus? Anybody?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Yep, can now do Sunday, after much arguing with my Manager - so don't go changing it!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i have had a reques to move this meet to sat any one have any objections

or could we have 2 meets for the with some of the more local people on sat as i konw a lot of peopoe ant do sat??

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
eekeekeekwowwowwow

thats like this weekend lol wow tht came across very fast lol i will try my damned hardest to be there this time and im deffo bringin my camera so if anyone wants pics let me know... imight even bring my tripod so th pics are professional looking lol

erm joe i still got ya pics from the mini meet, the one of you doin a flower is very very sexy btw lol

thanks for burning with me

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Yes, Yes Many Objections to Saturday! Can't do any staff lighting unti lits completely dark and i've rearanged workin to Saturday night to make it to the Sunday Meet!

Sunday!!!!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
this sounds good but lets get this straigt...

Sunday, pic gardens, at what time??

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll meet you all at the gas works - cant park up by picadilly.

I'll also bring photographing stuff and I'll upload any good ones to my site smile

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
arh sunday it is then as usaul i'll try and come down looks good this time see you all sunday about 5ish...
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

or could we have 2 meets for the with some of the more local people on sat as i konw a lot of peopoe ant do sat??

that may be a good idea, i'd be able to make both meets so i wouldn't mind an excuse to meet up and spin biggrin

Seye, could you bring your rope dart? tongue i'll try to get a couple of glowsticks for it ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I move my vote to sunday since Gremlin_Lou had to argue with her boss or something to get it.

Written by:

erm joe i still got ya pics from the mini meet, the one of you doin a flower is very very sexy btw lol

biggrin eeee! I knew you'de keep it for me biggrin, I dont mind waiting for it, it is my first public attempt of a flower I simply MUST have that picture for my gallery some day

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
hey all, havent been on hop for ages! Im up for a meet up on sunday as well, will be in centre after work around 6-7, will everyone be in gasworks by then?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
So Sat and Sunday?

Madness its a hoppy place indeed is Manchester!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
if i wasnt working on sat then i wouldnt mind a change, but i can only make sun this weekend.

sorry

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sunday it is then....
Just got my new doubles staffs from HOP. Thanks again will for letting me use yours.

(Now all I need is to learn to use them...)

Any takers?

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
sunday.... count me in

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: Havokist

Seye, could you bring your rope dart? tongue i'll try to get a couple of glowsticks for it ubbrollsmile

Definitely biggrin
We'll get some decent pics this time too.

Do you want a lift on sunday? May as well fill the car up if I'm driving.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'Rope Dart'

What be that then?

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Yay! Sunday. So Piccadilly about 3ish, then pub? The Gasworks, then possibly CastleField?

Page: ......