Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i cant help with that Tone, but im sure other people around here can.

and Project, i just emailed a friend who is studying chemistry at university to see if she knows anything about the comercial names and availability of the chemicals you listed, as well as anything else she things might be useful to know when burning them. wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
tony - basic devilstick help I can do smile

for some info try https://www.devilstick.de/english/

Maybe in a few weeks check out my site - I'm working on it at the moment and should hopefully have some stuff up soon.

I'm sure I'll speak to you in person before that.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
ello sorry i didnt make the meet again!gots somthing for you all to look at though!

https://exposureworld.co.uk/entertainment/performerDetail.php?ID=234
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I really really wanna make the next meet, i havent been to one in ages and im gutted! hopefully we can get a good date for one, but coz im working weekends now its going to be a bit of a pain in the arse!
well HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO to all the manchester lot, ill be back at the meets before you know it!!
speak to you all later!
xxxx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: pricklyleaf

Hey guys!

I got a place at manchester, so I will be moving down there in September, and may finally get to meet you guys biggrin

excellent! are you going to uni here then?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
thanks seye ! ill be lookign forward to it !

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
also im going to take my camera down next time. if anyone wants footage or pictures id be happy to take them. biggrin

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi guys is it me or has this forum become really really slow now what happened to all the lively spinners of manchester and beyond.... come back to life people!!!

thanks for burning with me

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey all,
I havent been around for a while, been having net connections for a while and now am working on the weekends so getting to meets has been an issue!! i hope all are well and the last meet in manchester was good, i would have loved to have been there!!!
Hello to all i know, and hello to all those i have yet to meet!
take care and i hope to see you all soon!
Catt xxxx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
HEllo peeps srry not been on for abit... works bein a smeg :-(

Hey elaine.. nice work on the job mate tongue Gl with it tongue

If u wanna meet up at a weekend or week night or somthing we can have a spin in your back garden or somthing...

Make sure u dont forget everything u know tongue....

O and my head hurts :-(

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Lee a Wise man one said "its better to say nothing at all than something stupid!"

And I'm far to good at that! ubbloco

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
hehe i dont think u class as a wise man tongue hehe ( joke )

nother good 1 is.. " in the face of a man that says nothing says everything..."

or The man that Talks to much gets a good kickin tongue hehe

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Spoken like a true Middlewich-ite ubblol

yeah we'll have to get together soon Preston - had a little spin on sat nite - 1st since Jan 8th eek - felt damn good. I haven't forgotten everything just yet but my bad leg kinda restricts the movement frown

So when's the next meet guys? Hows about 18th March?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
18th works for me Elaine.

i also suggested the 11/12th as thats the weekend after my bros 18th, but that weekend may be short notive for some people now.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm probably more in favour of the 11/12 as I may be in Leeds on the 18th. But if the majority decides on the 18th then I'll probably sit this one out...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
11/12th would be ace, y'all'd get to meet my boy, but if it's better for peeps I can make 18th too.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
bouncebounce2 Yay! Yeah, let's go for 11th/12th and get Paul there - he can try his naked handstands again ubblolubblolubblol

So Saturday or Sunday?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
any date is good for me and i WILL be coming to this one and even possibly bringing more friends yay

and mill surely it is better to say something stupid and start an intellectual conversation about the stupid topic rather then sit there silent and look like a melon. lol

i like odd convos there often more interesting then normal serious ones lol

thanks for burning with me

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

bouncebounce2 Yay! Yeah, let's go for 11th/12th and get Paul there - he can try his naked handstands again ubblolubblolubblol

So Saturday or Sunday?

lol does that mean i have to bribe again?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll be there whenever biggrin
Looks like next weekend is the one to pick.

If we are aiming for the gasworks again lets do sunday and this time I'll park in the free spaces ubbidea

More tea will have to be arranged!

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
soudns cool, im free whenever. ill definately coem on the 11/12th and hopefully get some decent juggling during the day and at night . . . glow devil sticks MMM

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Written by: fire_fairy_liquid

mill surely it is better to say something stupid and start an intellectual conversation about the stupid topic rather then sit there silent and look like a melon. lol

It did get people talking though didnt it?

Oh speaking of the gasworks I've bad news next winter we may have to find another spin spot as I was looking at the plans for the new BBC buildings and they will fill the field and possibly some of the empty arches.
The drill inspections have already started so its only a matter of time, sorry to be the barer of bad news guys! frown

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hey we might get on tv literly lol

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Stand on top of the buildings and make fools of ourselves there?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I was on the train the Manchester last night and I passed what MIGHT be a great spot while it's still winter (LOVING the snow at the moment, at least if its freezing we've got something pretty to show for it) How about the covered ampitheatre type thing in between the railway bridge and the Museum of Science and industry, next to the place the with canal boats? Does anyone know whereI mean? But since it's next winter it doesn't really matter there's food for thought...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oooh are we going to be scouting the horizon for new places to spin? How fun! IF only I lived in manchester

11th/12th, or the 18th is fine for me I shall be attending. Im more in favour of the 18th so I can get down to some seriouse poi practise in which I so desperatly need, that and its a saturday and saturday is allways easyer for transport.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
just thought id let ppl know i prob wont be at the meets for a while cause im nights for all of eternity frown
hope i get to see you guys soon
T
xXxXx

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ohh i think you are loking a bit pasty definatly comming down with somthig.

somthing contagious you cant posibaly make it into work on the 11th or 12th oh my no that would be bad
better ring in sick
smile

we will miss you frown

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Written by: Neon Shaolin

I was on the train the Manchester last night and I passed what MIGHT be a great spot while it's still winter (LOVING the snow at the moment, at least if its freezing we've got something pretty to show for it) How about the covered ampitheatre type thing in between the railway bridge and the Museum of Science and industry, next to the place the with canal boats? Does anyone know whereI mean? But since it's next winter it doesn't really matter there's food for thought...

Castlefield Dave yeah that'd be a good place, spinning by water too Mmm all good!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
sounds good to me, im in favour of sunday 12th, im working on the sat...

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: ......