Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Melbourne Spin Festival, Collingwood College 14-16th January 2011

Login/Join to Participate

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
After a very successful debut last year, Melbourne SpinFestival is returning for January 2011 to celebrate and teach all things to do with fire and fire performing! Less than two weeks to go but YOU can still attend! Yes, YOU! You'll be learning from Australia's finest as well as International teachers!

Workshops range from beginner levels to more advanced levels such as partner poi and doubles contact staff and workshops include poi, staff, hoops, flags, fans and much more!

There is a renegade show on the Friday night where the most outrageous and favoured acts will receive prizes, and a show on the Saturday evening showcasing the finest demonstrations of object manipulation from the festival teachers.

Visit https://www.spinfestival.com/
and grab your ticket today!

EDITED_BY: Brenn (1294038459)

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Is Chris not on HOP??

Jed will be there, I am at home all alone, wishing that I could be there but alas, hospitals don't think that circus skill festivals are a good enough reason to miss orientation. *sigh*

Take care of Jedly... He is not to be broken...

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
He doesn't have a HoP account, and delegated me to do the advertiseage :-)

We promise not to break Jedly.... much grin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
looking forward to it smile

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
As are we!!!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
For those wondering - I thought it went very well. It was my first time at any sort of poi workshop / festival (I'm intermediate, entirely self taught from vids) - I had a blast.

The staff and other partcipants were friendly, the workshops helpful, with some clever gradations from simple to complex versions of the same moves, so the bloke who had never picked up a pair of poi before and the bloke doing antispin upward stalls and inversions all got something to work on.

If it's on again next year I plan on going.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Great feedback, Jameth! Much appreciated :-)

We're confident there will be a Spinfest in 2012, and will keep you posted when that happens!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy