JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
My boyfriend got me a pair of custom flowlights for Christmas - I'm sharing their awesomeness. Made by Justin Conley, no website but on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/qwertycoder

and I suspect on here as qwertycoder. (He called them 'modded' but is using cases and boards from flowtoys to build them rather than breaking down standard flowlights).

They're green/white-violet, I'm calling them iris:

Non-Https Image Link

Prisna is right when she says that available purple leds don't have a really intense colour, but purple is my favourite colour and purple / green my favourite colour combo and I'm really happy with how they turned out. My camera is fairly basic and doesn't do them justice - the violet is close to the purple in spirit, the green is more like earth than water.

I wanted them to use as a duo with spirit, since I'm not all that into pink and IMO they work very well:

Non-Https Image Link

they also look cool as a duo with water:

Non-Https Image Link

and as a trio / staff end with water and spirit:

Non-Https Image Link

I don't currently have access to a video camera, but when I do I'll put up some vids - they look much better in spin than at rest and went over very well on nye (total fire ban where I was).

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Nice. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I felt like this should be mentioned, you can buy moddeed flowlights with up to 12 lights in them and you can choose the lights that go in them here: https://yhst-13210512562222.stores.yahoo.net/modified-flowlights.html

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I saw those - if I understand the description correctly they're adding micolights on some sort of cord to one end of the standard flowlights: is that right?

Presumably they're aimed mainly at glowstickers, since they wouldn't fit in any of the flowtoys containers.

I was after something in my colours in a standard flowlight shell that would look good with spirit in a duo (spirit-love being too pink for my taste).

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't mind emailing them to see if it would fit. I'm not sure how they do it but I'll ask for people.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

*UltraPoi*GOLD Member
Ultrapoi.com
49 posts

Posted:
That's kind of a mod, they are microlights being zip tied to flowlights.
We are currently doing some partner contracts with liquid E at Ultrapoi

<br />Ultra Poi, LLC<br />Member

giggles420stranger
1 post

Posted:
flowlight are deff a nice pair of led poi i had a set and loved them thay where a little light for what i am used to but all in all was great the color cycle is amazing to with diff one to chse from makes it even better with a lot of led i v had you dont get the chose of diff cycles so very nice lol

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
yup that's me:) and i was exited about those Liquid e lights, until i found out it was a lie frown well maybe not a lie just deceptive. zip tieing microlights to a flowlight is not a mod. the lights themselves have been unmodded. i also think its hilarious that the default flowlight with 12 drops 4s is 650$ a pair :0.

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
how can i open a flowlight without breaking the shell???
any tips