BurkyBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
My buddy got a set of crystal poi for christmas. They came with some leashes I've never seen though. Single loop handles, but the cords were soft and stretchy. Does anyone know what they may be?

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
It was the first run of the new FlowCord, it came out too thin and has been dubbed fauxcord. They are using it for now though as it's better than the parachute cord.

The next batch of FlowCord rocks, I was lucky enough to get a length of it and test it out. After playing with it a few minutes, I went back inside and cut the ColeCord off all my toys and made FlowCord leashes for everything. Tomorrow I'm going to order some stage balls from FireMecca and make a set with them and FlowCord, see how that works out.

BurkyBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
That's really good to know. I was working with wraps, using the "flowcord", and it all flowed together so well. Everything was bouncing off left and right.

Do you happen to know when they are going to release it?

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Flowcord? I thought flowtoys were using colecord? "

Edit: Never mind, read the posts above properly, blame the christmas beers.
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1293276406)

hug

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Early next year sometime. The FauxCord is just a temp thing. It's not quite what they wanted, but better than the parachute cord so they are using it for now.

They have got the design all squared away with the manufacturer now though, and have more coming in soon. Just have to update everything still. It is better than the FauxCord you're using now, anybody looking to buy new leashes soon, it's worth waiting till new years.

It makes good handles too. Take a bit of it and pull the core out, then sew the ends together. FauxCord might be a bit too thin though.

Non-Https Image Link

And here is the FlowCord, basically the same, just thicker.

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: JaredW (1293291193)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Jared: How are those attached to the cases? Looks like a good method allowing easy shortening/lengthening.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
It's an excellent way of attach the leashes. Not my idea though, that was a suggestion from Prisna, she sent me the rings. That's how the new rigs from Flowtoys next year will be done too.

You just run the leash through the ring, the case, then back through the ring, and tie a knot. Quick, simple, effective. Pull the leash side down through the ring a bit to get the lights in and out.

Non-Https Image Link

I don't know about changing the length, I guess you could just pull the leash through a bit more and tie a knot.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Still good. Will keep it in mind. smile

Thanks for sharing it.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

BurkyBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I do like the new setup. It takes the tangles out of the more intricate weaves. Though those handles I'm not so fond of.. The thicker ones just sit so much better in my hands. I'm talking to prisna now though. So whenever I get some more info on the cord I'll update everyone.

Thanks again,
Burky

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
As far as I know there was no definite date set on releasing it. She said they were delayed by the fauxcord not being quite right, and didn't want to try and make the change during the holidays because all of the videos, website, and manuals have to updated when they make the change to FlowCord.