Posted:
[who you don't know because he's too modest]
EDITED_BY: Lye (1292953054)

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
???

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
What's not to understand?

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
1) Maybe the worlds best IS modest, but then... how are you sure you know him/her?

2) What you said is like saying "I know a secret." People will want to know what it is you think is a secret.

3) Titling a post the way you did seems to me like interjecting your thoughts into a conversation that isn't happening.

4) If you want to argue number 1), my point is that you know someone who is awesome, but who is to say there isn't someone MORE awesome out there whom noone knows?! Think about THAT!....

5) There is no 5! I just felt like making a numbered list of things that was 5 long!

=)

270 posts

Posted:
I know. You named all the reasons I made this thread, as reason I shouldn't have?

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Well I... but... I just........

You win. ^_^

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
There is no worlds best. There are too many different styles... and I seriously doubt theres anyone out there who is the master of every single style.

hug

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Is best defined by technical skill or how much an audience enjoys the spin (or how much pleasure the spinner derives from it)?

It's possible we all know the best spinner in the world.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, Jameth, i was going to pop back in to say something in particular and you've already touched on it.

The best poi spinner in the world for me is the one that gives me the most enjoyment when he spins... me!

Your "best poi spinner in the world" is quite probably yourself. Revel in it. Roll around in its quiet joy, then roll around in its rowdy joy, then take it for a walk, give it a pat and call it "Coco" Rub its belly, give it a snack. Love it, care for it, tickle it and tuck it in before it sleeps.

hug

270 posts

Posted:
That post is like getting a hug.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
grin Thanks, Lye, and its followed by a hug, too!

hug

Scottie~MacKGOLD Member
Naval High Comander
31 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonThe best poi spinner in the world for me is the one that gives me the most enjoyment when he spins... me!

I agree with your reasoning here! The best spinner of anything is the one havening the most fun, it might as well be yourself!

To master anything you must commit forever to be a student.

Originally Posted By: Pablo PicassoI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'll go ahead and agree that the best and happiest poi spinners are the ones that are forever students. Is there even such thing as mastery if there's always more to learn?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Thanks but uh... I don't think we've met...

tongue2

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
laugh3laugh3 spank

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
FRD: Bravo sir, well played.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland