SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I know I wanted to do some glowstringing and stuff for this video on edit it, but I got footage and later saw that not only was it a terrible session, but you couldn't see me at all and I got pissed so I just put this up.

And I'm not sure if it's my internet being slow because of the horrendous weather we're having here that's freezing everything over with about an inch of icy snow, or that the video lost all quality in the upload process, so please tell me. This is about exactly a year in the video. But all videos look like this to me currently so I'm pretty sure it's my connection.

I am in Detroit in an alley of the Russel Industrial Center playing to MIA. Those two things could not complement each other any better laugh3

And if anyone is wondering I am using Isis Poi from Salza.se, and the pants are from FlowToys.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Nice - I particularly like the turning flowers around 2.10.

The video looks fine to me, I suspect your problem is due to your connection.

Iki_stranger
23 posts

Posted:
That's really something for a year smile

just a suggestion or two...
pay just a bit attention more to planes...not when you are long arming around for shure, but where stops or things like waistwraps want to go everywhere, not a blaming...you are just now particularily clean, so don't give up

good spinning dude grin

with joy

Iki

richiiStick spinner
43 posts

Posted:
I love the stall behind you back its really nicly done. Nice spinning man and great location.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Thank you for your comments, and thanks for the advice. Although with waistwraps where I personally think it looks like it came out of plane it actually hit my massive pants, or it might've been a meltdown. But yeah I never really noticed too much, but when I turned with my weaves, something so simple, my planes slowly got off. I'll have to work on that smile

Any more comments and tips would be appreciated smile

ZealotSILVER Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
More hybrids! You've much talent and are a ways along on being a very good performer smile Very crisp moves, but I want to see things a bit more mixed up. Do more hybrid timing or isolate/long arming... that sort of thing.

... Keep doing your thing and making beautiful art!

-Zealot

2,280 posts

Posted:
Thank you for that, I wasn't sure if anyone noticed, but when I'm flowing I seem to always leave out my hybrids, which is a shame because I'm good at them smirk

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
After a year? You must practice most days to be that good after such a short length of time.

Keep it up man.

2,280 posts

Posted:
WEll I usually practice at least like 15 minutes a day because I'll hear say a song or something come on in my room and I'll be like "Damn, I need to grab the glowsticks," or something. Anything heavier is kind of destructive in my low ceiling.

But I don't practice a lot anymore. My first couple months I was in for about 5-6 hours a day of practice and it slowly went down from there as I had less to practice.

Iki_stranger
23 posts

Posted:
way to go dude

2,280 posts

Posted:
Here's some footage I never used and decided to upload. Hooray for psytrance, or goa, not sure which one this goes under.

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
Awesome vid SoD, got a friend who's sceptical about poi to outright compliment that one.

Impressive stuff tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark

yoginizenyogini poi hooper
1 post

Posted:
:)I think your video is awesome,,,,,,,,,great job!!!

Yogini