Forums > Social Chat > Relax Drank: Slow your roll

Login/Join to Participate

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Hello Friends,

Recently I came across a carbonated soft drink called Drank. It is basically the opposite of an energy drink, claiming to make you feel relaxed and calm. The drink or "drank" contains melatonin, valerian root, and rose hips. They are approx $2 in Ohio for a 16oz can.

I have witnessed the rise and success of the energy drink, and have been amazed with this craze since the popularizing of Red Bull (Mmmm the only one I buy).

After trying the relax drink, I must say that I actually felt extremely tired. Since then, I have bought several more, and am convinced that the drank gives me an odd buzz and makes me fall asleep within an hour or two of consuming.

https://www.drankbeverage.com/

I was wondering what other people think of energy drinks and relax drinks. Do you think they are an over priced fad? Or perhaps a legal stimulants and depressants for younger generations? Are they popular in your state/country?

Slow your roll yall. Much love.

Groovy

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I think it would be interesting to try this "Drank", I don't think I've seen it around NY as of yet.

Personally I stay away from energy drinks, though some of my friends go at them big time.
I usually stick to water, juice, or tea. I know... I'm boring.

I can say this though.... Friend of mine was feeling fine one night, though a little tired, tried one of those energy drinks, and less than an hour later her... um... "Aunt" stopped in, according to her, VERY unscheduled....

Too much of a good thing, and all that jazz.

Energy drinks are probably the cigarettes of this generation.

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlay
Energy drinks are probably the cigarettes of this generation.

I agree, their marketing is aggressive and directed towards the youth (much like old tobacco adds were before restrictions). Also, it is so scary to read on the side "Contents: Proprietary Energy Blend" (I'm looking at you Monster). Something oddly dirty and shifty about energy drinks, yet I have tried every flavor and brand...hmmm...

Groovy

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Don't get me wrong, I've tried some, I like some (Green Monster for sure), I just choose not to drink them. ^_^

Espcially those few energy drinks that thought it was a good idea to add alcohol to themselves: V2 Vodka, Everglo, more recently this "4 Loko" I've heard so much about and others I failed to name.

It will be funny, in old movies everyone used to smoke, now... will everyone carry around energy drinks? ^_^