Forums > Social Chat > this has been bothering me

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so im all for the each unto their own and do what you will aslong as it hurts no one else. for me my spiritual believes dictate that i dont take recreational drugs. usually at twirling i burn no stop from when i get there till i leave, but last week i sat down to play a drum. we have incense burning so ppl dont smell the kero fumes but it also hides cone smell to. as a result i got passively stones and it sucked all the life out of me. i was on a high before going as a friend of mine and i had just done and taught fire to a group of teenagers that suffer from depression and it really brightened their day. when i left twirling i felt so empty and i didnt know why it wasnt till my girlfriend told me later that ppl had been coning that i understood why.

i feel spiritually raped, almost a week later and im still feel so empty and angry even though i know it was unintensional it has still violated my mind. has anyone else had a similar experience if so how did u deal with it? im finding it very hard to be able to forgive them and continue twirling with that group

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i think the term 'spiritually raped' is a touch over the top for someone who has just been subjected to a little passive smoke.
its not like anyone spiked you or even offered you drugs.

on top of that, its pretty hard to get passively stoned unless you are in an enclosed environment.
if you can get passively stoned then the kero fumes will also be swimming round in there and they are far, far more dangerous than second hand weed smoke.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
cold night makes it hang in the air. maybe you dont view your mind as a sacred thing but i do and mine was poluted against my free will.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
I cant say that I've ever been passively stoned from hanging with mates either, but I won't knock it because I can see how much this must mean to you...

I am not really in a state of spiritual mind like you are, but my only suggestion would be to find something that is special to you that reinforces your spirituality, be it meditating or going somewhere special to you and just chilling, and do that - rid all the negative thoughts you have at the moment from your head if you can and concentrate on what it is important to you and how you want to feel.
I find it really annoying when people blow cigarette smoke in my face while they're talking to me, I dont have anything spiritual behind that, but it does annoy me because I get headaches from it - so if I come home from a night of clubbing and feel sick from the smoke - I lay down somewhere cool and quiet with music that I love and try and get myself out of the sick feeling....Dont know whether this will help, but find something that relaxes you and puts you at your best and do it til you feel yourself again...

I would also suggest talking to your mates - do they know how strongly you feel about this?? Have they been doing it each time you twirl and this is the first time you've noticed - have a chat with them and get it out in the open - maybe they dont realise how strongly they have offended/upset you....?
Having said that, also just remember that your choice isnt everyone's - each to his own and all that - some people really enjoy smoking pot and have no spiritual/religious attachments to doing it or not doing it - you want them to respect your choices and so you pretty much need to respect theirs too...

Hope you're feeling happier soon
Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i do consider my mind sacred. evidently, in a different way to yourself but i do understand that you want to keep drug free and i respect that.

you mentioned that it was done against your will but i think that before you shun your friends, you should consider that they did not willfully 'pollute your mind' either. it was a freak occurance.

if the night was still enough for you to become passively stoned whilst in the open air, they must have been smoking a *lot*.
diffusion alone should have dissipated the smoke pretty well and like i said, there will be a hell of a lot more kero fumes than second hand weed smoke which will make you feel far worse.
but in any case, to produce enough smoke to get people sitting nearby stoned, they would have to have been really going for it, fairly near to you.

if you are dedicated to protecting your mind, you should ask your friends to give you a heads up when they're smoking that heavily near you and maybe pay a little more attention yourself now that you know how susceptable you are to such low concentrations.
a lot of people smoke weed nowdays and you may well find that you are exposed to second hand smoke on a fairly regular basis.

i hope you and your friends work it out.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i definitely agree with you about taking care of your bod, benjamen, but i also miss smoking so much that i'd honestly probably gulp a few sneaky lungfuls in teh dark, but i see how your choice was taken from you.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always