Forums > Social Chat > Why not to pick up Hitch-Hikers

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
So I'm on the way back from last nights fire meet in Bath, and I see this guy, thumb out, by the side of the road. I'm on a high, of course, and feeling indestructable so I pick him up.

He LOOKED fine from the road, but once in the car acted like, really paranoid, kept looking out the back window and hid his face when a car overtook.

So we're talking about how hot it was today and after a break in the conversation I notice he has a duffel bag by his feet, so I say "so what's in the bag?"

He gruffly (I think he was Scottish) replies "none of yer f***ing business"

Being me, I thought he was joking, so I'm like "really though, what's in the bag?"

Again, "none of yer f***ing business, alright?"

So I sort of slow down the car and say, "look mate, I'm giving you a lift, the least you can do is be honest, what's in the f***ing bag?"

"NONE OF YER F***ING BUSINESS"

So I'm like "fine..." and I pull over and tell him to get out. He doesn't argue, just swears under his breath, and I burn off before he can barely shut the door, and I see him in the rear view mirror running after me and waving his fists.

I'm laughing hysterically at this point and can't believe what has just happened. It was only when I got home that I noticed the duffel bag, sitting in front of the passenger seat!

Magnus... pay it forward

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
what was in it?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
cool....

lol..

what was in it?

please say a fully collapseable aerotech staff, a periwinkle and a small capsicun monkey with like, 4 eyes, the body of a squirrel, 3 tails and like silver fur, and 1 toof?

or will you be auctioning them off?

or did you do the good thing and drop it off?

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
> What was in it?

NONE OF YER F***ING BUSINESS!!

Magnus... pay it forward

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
quote:
> What was in it?

really though, what's in the bag?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ben-ja-men:
quote:
> What was in it?

really though, what's in the bag?

Magnus... pay it forward

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I recon its a virus inside the bag that makes the owner put on a scotish accent and say

"none of your f***ing business."

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
pleeeeeeeease tell us what's in the bag!

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
None of your f***ing business...

This could get old very soon.

So the rest of this thread shall be devoted to guessing what is in the bag.

I think it was a human head.

Magnus... pay it forward

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hang on...

if YOU..the owner...thinks its a human head..

then its very probably most likely to be a human head....unless you are a)blind or b) just plain dumb.

give us some clues.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
I haven't looked in the bag yet.

I'd never invade someone's privacy like that.

Magnus... pay it forward

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
is this like one of those my friend has a problem thing ...... your the hitch hiker arnt u

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
magnus mate..

do you REALLY think there is a chance you will EVER see this bloke again?

and do you REALLY think he wont smack you one for driving off with his bag?

you might as well open it. I know i would have..

unless it s bomb..

cos tthat would be bad for you.

buy an xray machine. then you can see if it isnt a bomb. and also whats in teh bag...but as you havent opened the bag, you wont be invading his privacy and so you wont feel guilty!

everyone is happy then!

except the hitch hiker, but it serves him right for being such a potty mouth.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
yeah, look in the ungrateful hitcher's bag.

he subconsciously wanted you to look in it anyway, that was why he got you (and, by extension, us) curious.

otherwise he could have just lied and said
"its a load of socks" or "its a collection of seashells" or something.

Go look in the bag. GO! GO LOOK! i must know the mystery of the duffel.

i reckon its a load of bloodstained money and a container of mysterious different coloured pills.

or possibly just his wallet and a tube of smarties.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
but i still recon its a fully collapseable aerotech staff, a periwinkle and a small capsicun monkey with like, 4 eyes, the body of a squirrel, 3 tails and like silver fur, and 1 tooth.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
I just don't think it would be right.

Magnus... pay it forward

faerymember
9 posts

Posted:
AAAAAhhh go on go on go on go on go on go on go on. I need to know, sounds like a bit of a dodgy customer anyway so you probably wont see him again (avoid dark alleys!). xxxxx

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
or roads and streets.....in fact just stay in your home from now on.

KillaHill_10304member
17 posts

Posted:
look in the bag where do you live i'll come look in the bag

my guess a small breed of west indian monkey ratbat

don't worry we'll soon all go back to the gases

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
or a small breed of west indian bat monkey-rat

KillaHill_10304member
17 posts

Posted:
When that bag is opened where all gonne ****in die at the hands of this beast i bid you all fairwell may you poi defend you agains this savage beast long enough for it to be killed

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you wot?!?!?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I don't really care what is in the bag.

I do care about Magnus, though. so, assuming that this situation is real, and not fictional (not everything on the internet is the truth), there is only really one course of action.

Magnus, DON'T look in the bag. Take it directly to the nearest police station, explain the whole situation, also saying you are concerned about repercussions should this guy find you.

What might be unpleasant but possible to consider is that there is a bomb, or some class A illegal substances or something else that could get you locked up for possessing.

and, if you tell them this storey AFTER they arrest you, I wouldn't expect them to believe it, or for it to be any sort of defense at all.

Hey, I don't even believe it myself...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Yeah Charles, but you always say stuff like that

i vote Charles for the new jesus

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Reminds me of this other time my mate and I were walking home, and it started to rain. We had about 4 miles to go, so I started walking backwards up the hill with my thumb out.

Shortly, an elderly couple pulled up, and we jumped in the back of the car, thanking them profusely. They seemed a little taken aback by us, my friend was wearing black leathers, chains, and had his eyebrow and nose pierced. I was worried they were a little intimidated.

They asked us where we wanted to go and we said that anywhere in the town centre would be fine, saying we hoped it wasn't out of their way - it was on the main road and all that.

So we chatted about the weather and whatnot until we got into town, at which point I pointed out somewhere that would be good to drop us and thanked them again.

As I got out I asked them where they were from, and they said well actually, they'd picked us up just outside their house!

Magnus... pay it forward

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
thats really very cool of them,..

big respect goes out to them...and they will never know.

simian...this time i can legally second the motion... Charles for JesusĀ¬!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
nice jokes! will e-mail them to my mate!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
in the words of the virgin mary:

come again?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Another why not to pick them up story,
Driving to "b" from "a", so two guys hitching, friendly looking chaps, picked 'em up, in an effort to be freindly dropped them off alittle out of my way, not much though. Coninued to "b", got there and I had missed the last boat to the island we were going. By minutes!!! Drove back to "a" 500k in total.

Still wanna know whats in the bag. And some counter jesus advice. Maybe there is some kinda ID of the guy in the bag. You could do the nice thing and send it back to him and find out whats in the bag.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

KillaHill_10304member
17 posts

Posted:
**** me just look in the bag already it's a ****in bag surely that guyy won't av been carryin a bomb round with him and just forget it's in a car and if it's drugs have a good time for free and sort your mates and shit out open the bag open the bag open the bag open the bag

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*helps chanting*

open the bag open the bag open the bag open the bag open the bag

Page: