Forums > Advanced Staff moves > advanced staff juggling ... let´s go mad !!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
I think its time to restart the staff juggling thread in the advanced forum.

Since quite a few ideas were mentioned in the old thread that don`t seem to really fit in a beginners section.

I would really appreciate if people would post there ideas.
But do me a favor and make a distinction between claiming
to really have a move and random ideas.
it will help reduce misunderstandings
wink
And it will give us a better over view where people are.

To get you started :
I was playing around with a lot of 531522 variations

one is (i think) quite interesting
you know the one throw were you throw a staff as a waist cross and catch it with the other hand on the opposite side of the waist
use it as the 3
it is fun biggrin

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mwaahaaaa i got your mikes mess, bastl. i think it can be done with pirouettes but i ain't got it yet...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

mwaahaaaa i got your mikes mess, bastl. i think it can be done with pirouettes but i ain't got it yet...

yo dude
whats uuuup ? smile
yes can be done nicly with pirouettes, so you get big circle with you hands (like longarms) even half pirouettes are more than lovley, there you can play half of a 3 B weave underneave each throw wink ...rocks so much, and is one of the most 'spinny' 3 staff tricks for me wink

when do we see us again ? hug

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hi seb,thanks for the inspiration and the advice,much love to ya fella hugi will keep you up to date on my progress with the cascade etc

much respect and thanks also to kev and kooothor from the bcc for inspiration,

hi entheogen,long time no speak hug
i am working on getting the catches without the staff hitting the floor but its very hard as my balance isnt to good yet!!.i plan to get the tricks clean as they are and then work on the catches in the air.
you are correct about the step over catch, i dont think this is possible without it touching the floor and yes that is a shame frown.
the foot catches open up heaps of new possibilities but as always im trying to limit the amount of new material i add to my training schedule.

please tell josh to make a new video its ages since i saw him and i hear some very nice rumours of new four staff tricks and more attempts of the 5staff shower?????

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
bastl: hopefully in april i can bring you over. mail me dates you are free smile

tim, you can do the under the leg kickup without it touching the floor but its a different placement.

kevstaffjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
Hi Tim and Sebastian! It was nice meeting you! I keep on working on staff juggling, thx for the advice!

And mikes mess with giant arm pirouette is brilliant, I'll try that!

See you!

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Woohoo, welcome to HoP Kev, (loved Kev et Had en vacances smile )

hug

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet you Kev keep up the goodwork. juggle weavesmiley juggle

kevstaffjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
Cool hi all!

And to participate to the thread, here is what I got with 3 staffs juggling so far :

shower (now almost both ways), cascade (of course), 441, 531 (thx to sebastian), 7131 (shower under shower), mike's mess, mill's mess, 423 (an "under the arm chop" 2, and a "behind the back blind catch 2"), and some other stuff, kinda hard to explain.
I'm working on a pirouette under 3, but still not have it!

And I work a little bit on 4 staff fountain... My best is 10 catches..

hope to see you in another convention! I will check out the ones that are comming!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Hi kev its awesome adding new faces to this thread,i look forward to a day when there are hundreds of good staff jugglers instead of me you and antti!! wink
koothor should be here as well he has some multiplex's with the triple shower as well as qualifiying runs on the four staff shower and the longest runs of the 3 staff shower ive ever seen! juggle eek juggle

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
rob
i know you can it with a club,but i cant find the room/timing to do it with a staff yet,
are you at the bjc to sort this one out?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
 Written by :tim_marston

i look forward to a day when there are hundreds of good staff jugglers instead of me you and antti!! wink

eek

spank

i'm hoping to be at bjc, but no promises.

PLAY this year?

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Tim, I'll be at the BJC this year - any chance of you running a workshop on staff juggling, or just giving me some pointers? I've got the cascade and shower fairly solid, wanting some advice on where to go next, and to check my forms OK so I don't damage myself haha

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
rob ubblol ubbloco ubblol

willworkfor, i dont teach workshops cos i dont like them but i love helping and sharing,i dont have many patterns but i would be very happy to share any advice i can with you,especialy on injuries and cleanliness.

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
hey kevin,
did you find a way to ply 441 continously ? which trnasfer do you use ? hug

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Tim, that would be great - I'll keep an eye out for staves in the sky and wander over to the source smile

AnotherCircleBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
 Written by :bastl

hey kevin,
did you find a way to ply 441 continously ? which trnasfer do you use ? hug

Hi, i was there in paris too(with long hair)
4 inside
4 inside
1 down
4 outside
4 outside
1 up
etc...
Doesn't it works ?

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hi there circle,did we meet in paris?

kevstaffjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
 Written by :AnotherCircle

Written by :bastl

hey kevin,
did you find a way to ply 441 continously ? which transfer do you use ? hug

Hi, i was there in paris too(with long hair)
4 inside
4 inside
1 down
4 outside
4 outside
1 up
etc...
Doesn't it works ?

It does work but it involves a lot of changing directions with your staffs, I don't know if it counts as "continously".. And also, doing 2 "4" in a row on the inside is kind of a pain in there...
But yes, it can work.

My "continous" goes :

4 inside
4 outside
1 front

It involves changing direction once per 441, because the "outside" 4 is supposed to be an inside one..

fiou... easier to talk and show than write and..not show.. biggrin

I hope you got what I meant!

AnotherCircleBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
I think your columns are better than mines.

|.|. .|.|
and not
|..| .||.

... need practice ...

kevstaffjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
so the dots are your hands and the lines your staffs trajectories right?
Nice way to put it.

A good way to do a 441 is to begin with 333 (cascade), all the threes inside. Then you get 3 outside throws to make so it's easier for 4.
But that only works once..

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Is anone apart from me and MCP going to "fire and drums",it would be cool to meet some US fire jugglers out there.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
olive is going... you'll love it tim, i'm sure

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey will/tim - i'm teaching a couple of staff throwing workshops at the bjc, should be some nice patterns for you guys in the second one, i think tongue

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
meg............americans and hippies to take this piss out what more could i ask for wink

rob ive got more tricksthan i need right now but im well up for watching and laughing at you dropping

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
spank no alternative foot kickups for you then. i shall request a tim-free room tongue
EDITED_BY: bluecat (1206301727)

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Sweeet, thanks bluecat smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Hey Bluecat, really enjoyed the staff throwing workshops, they've set my mind well and truly into trick invention mode. Is there any chance you could post the notes up for me? I'm pretty sure I remember everything but then I don't tend to remember what I've forgotten! Oh, and thanks for the staff building tips smile

Tim, sorry we didn't get chance to chat, but got plenty of advice from Rob, I really enjoyed your fireshow though. juggle

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
wave

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
well, that was great smile learnt loads of new things, had some great plays, taught 2 busy workshops and watched people learn loads of throwing stuff... and the sessions with tommy and chris and tim were all great and fruitful :o)

wwffJ of course i will, but it'll take a little while i'm afraid frown

tim, want to PM me about stix?

bring on PLAY tongue

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
OOOOoooo - would have looved to have been there for those workshops Bro - checkin out what you and Bastl have cooked up over the Winter!!
Gonna have to get you out here in NZ sometime to teach stuff to our kids - hoping to train up some staff passers over the next year
Love to all the BJC-ers and hope you have fun at PLAY
PM on the way in regards that
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: ...