Fey The RaverBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
So I'm trying to figure out how to do the infinite orbital knot, but so far it's just completely blowing me away. Would anyone happen to know how to do this knot or know of a video tutorial on the infinite orbital knot? All help would be appreciated thank you!

And just to avoid confusion... The infinite orbital knot is not the same at the regular orbital or the bowtie. I have met people who have gotten them confused before.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
you mean the infinite hyperloop? aka an Ollie? Idk where the name Ollie came from.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
From Ollie. Who became well known for doing them a number of years ago.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh ok, that makes sense laugh3 I can't do them so I can't help you. I can only keep it going for like 5 seconds max.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
Hehe this is a fun problem. This is a move where having equipment makes all the difference in a positive and negative way. Most performers use swivels on both ends of their chain. This means the poi spin free and also if you lock the poi togeather they keep spinning. This is what makes the super easy looking hyperloops possibile.

Now in order to learn how to continue those hyperloops you need to learn how to do hyperloops without the swivel, this will allow you practice extending them in distance and duration and move your hands around. I don't reccomend trying to do fire work without the swivel because of how much harder this makes it. Think of the poi like you would a ziplock bag or zipper.

This in my opinion is what makes this move look so hard and so easy and turns it into a real pain in the ass to learn.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Sorry Fey, was in a rush, so decided to be snarky to SoD rather than helpful to you.

The idea is that you can keep a hyperloop going by adding energy. To do this, you "pump" the tangle. If you do this at the right frequency (which will depend on how fast the poi are spinning around the tangle) you should find that it will just keep going.
This is one of those things that for me goes away if I do not practice it for a while.

I also find swivels (or lack of them) does not affect my ability to do them too badly, though this may be a function of my ability to do them not being very great. Although they should help in preventing the cord from twisting up.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
do an orbital then pull/tug/pump (just like executing an orbital) both the strings after a couple of seconds to make it rotate faster again. it is not actually "infinite" as they say...

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
such as this one?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Zechariah_MarvelGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
once you set your hyperloop in. you pedel your arms like your doing buzz saw isolations. they ollie over one another hard though

Franpoisi♥circles
11 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Zechariah_Marvelonce you set your hyperloop in. you pedel your arms like your doing buzz saw isolations. they ollie over one another hard though

why then do the tangle at all? kind of pointless IMO. The ollie thing works a bit, but I find it difficult to keep it going one I've decided to do a orbital instead of your regular one beat hyperloop.. the trick is in the wrists, the 'pump' is a energy giving actions rather than a energy taking by making the circle smaller, and giving more speed for a smaller circle. (centrifugal force tends to work that way.) try to keep it going without having to resort to making the circle smaller, and keep it the same, or even bigger.

Dave StatikGOLD Member
You cant teach stupid.
106 posts

Posted:
Tom is pretty nasty at this. (Que his input......)