Forums > Social Chat > New Portland Oregon POI List

Login/Join to Participate

Kyromember
24 posts

Posted:
This past Sunday, a half-dozen or so spinners and twirlers got together for the first time in Portland to play in Laurelhurst Park. We had nearly 20 people twirling and playing at one point. It was such a great time that we all agreed that it would be cool to connect with more local spinners - twirlers - staff users - fans - etc..., so we decided to create a list for the Portland people. If you're in the Portland OR area, a fire performer or novice and want to subscribe to the list, go to the following link:

https://www.topica.com/lists/PDX-POI

or send a blank email to the following email address:PDX-POI-subscribe@topica.com

Cheers all!

Kyro

From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations,man has had to manufacture things;his well-being depends on his success at production.The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. Ayn Rand

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Poly,do you think this will be a regular meet?my gf and I will be in the States (West Coast) next month, and we may head to Portland while touring about the place...if it were regular we would make sure we are in Portland on a sunday...Josh

phyrepsyBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
yeah im from portland and looking to get out and spin with locals for sure!! just tell me when and where

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
this thread should be changed to OLD portland poi list....

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I'll try to resurrect this thread in the name of all the Portland Oregon area spinners-- I know there's a truckload or two.

I'm offering poi lessons for all levels in an actual studio!
(No more spinning in the rain!) Don't be afraid, there are no tutus or jazz shoes here-- it's a Belly Dance Studio.

I'm looking for new students and fellow spinners. I have beginning and intermediate evening classes and a workshop-like class on Sundays for the highly experienced. I would love to see some poi at our weekly dance parties-- at which you can get a belly dance mini-lesson!

We're also throwing a Halloween dance party on the 28th, you can find it on the HoP calendar.

For information about the studio and to see the class descriptions, check out www.sheelah.net

Thanks! I hope to meet you soon!

runningmare27SILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey, thanks for resurrection. Need to spin. Live in Beaverton but looking for others in portland area. Woo hoo

Forever_Gratefulstranger
3 posts

Posted:
yo new to portland area and need fellow poiers to come out and play!

Forever_Gratefulstranger
3 posts

Posted:
HEY, You know whats good on some gatherings? i need to get out and meet some people and get down!