LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
What's the best way to do this, same direction and just complicated counting? Do people do two opposite orientation triquetras? butterfly triquetras? Sorry bout all the questions, I'm going to be spinning poi again soon and I'm ready to jump in on it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Just do antispin, but spin the poi 5 times per rotation of your arm.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

NightheronsGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
I do a six petal flower in wall plane, one triquetra pointing up, one pointing down. Poi same direction, arms together.

I discovered how to do this just starting from same direction split time static spin (like the position for 'crank' isolation, with one poi in front of the other),then moving it all through an antispin circle. The six petal pattern happened fairly naturally without thinking about making opposing triquetras.. with pratice you can feel the six points your poi hit going round 1-2-3-4-5-6.. I find the poi can't be too long or the inner one will hit my other arm.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah but that's not truely six petals. it's 2 different 3 petal flowers, not one 6 petal flower.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
Here's one method:

Peace,
Drex

270 posts

Posted:
That looks like a 4 petal to me?

270 posts

Posted:
I'm probably missing something.

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
Basically it's approaching looking for the compass points of a 6-petal as being like two 4-petals stacked together. If you split a diamond flower in half and stick a box in the middle of it, you wind up with a total of 4 petals top and bottom, then one additional petal on each side because the top and bottom petals of the diamond are essentially the same as the side petals of the box, and you wind up with a 6 petal.

Peace,
Drex

270 posts

Posted:
I see, interesting. Thanks!

NightheronsGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:

"Yeah but that's not truely six petals. it's 2 different 3 petal flowers, not one 6 petal flower."

OK, true, but the overall pattern it makes (e.g. in a photo) is a six pointed star. Just thought it might be worth a mention.
EDITED_BY: Nightherons (1287078956)

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
It's the difference between a hexagram and a hexagon. Both have 6 verticies, but only one has 6 sides. Because there are an even number of verticies, only the hexagon can be performed with one poi...the other has to be the product of two intermingled figures. Contrast this with pentagrams and pentagons wherein you can connect all verticies either by connecting them in series or by following regular rules of skipping points.

Edit: n/m! There is a way to do it:

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: DrexFactor (1287092159)
EDIT_REASON: had to eat my words

Peace,
Drex

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DrexFactorIt's the difference between a hexagram and a hexagon. Both have 6 verticies, but only one has 6 sides. Because there are an even number of verticies, only the hexagon can be performed with one poi...the other has to be the product of two intermingled figures. Contrast this with pentagrams and pentagons wherein you can connect all verticies either by connecting them in series or by following regular rules of skipping points.

Edit: n/m! There is a way to do it:

Non-Https Image Link

Unicersal Hexagram without resorting to stall's and really horrible flow...... defeinetely have to take some time with this one.