poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
okay so i just had an idea for a cool forum game for poi lovers and maybe would also help make some interesting combos?

first off someone has to name the name of a poi move. and then the next person who posts thinks carefully about what would look really cool after that, and so on and so on. maybe after we get this long enough we could have a cool little performance for it haha grin
(if this is a lame idea just let it sink to the rest of the lost topics of HoP, pretty obvious im very bored, eh?)

ok so ill start out.
same direction crosser x3 exit and end in box stall.

now someone adds on...

EDITED_BY: poismylove (1285397893)
EDIT_REASON: i fail at spelling... again

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
then butterfly crosser to leg wrap and into same direction crosser and then out into a meltdown

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Extend the meltdown and from the downswing turn backwards doing reels into whirling.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
go from the whirling wheels into 4 spin anti petal(that i cant do...) for 2 rotations and into a spiral wrap i wonder how this would look like so far.
EDITED_BY: poismylove (1285458262)

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
from the spiral wrap stall right hand (up/down depending on direction) then guys gyroscope turns for 3 beats then split time wall plane butterfly flowers

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
What may I ask is guys gyroscope?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
It's essentially a butterfly reel with all variations of a forward butterfly reel.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well its just a alternating butterfly hip/ shoulder reel

tytyBRONZE Member
Not as fireproof as he thinks
22 posts

Posted:
I can totally see this game turning into a Zoolander style "spin-off". Someone post a video of a combo, then the next person has to repeat and extend on it...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
There are a couple of people on YouTube who play "poi tag", which is almost exactly that.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

DanwoodzSILVER Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
anybody on here got all the required skills to do the moves so far? and the required video camera to post a video? i dont have anybody to spin with so this seems like a goldmine for transition ideas! twould be very usefull!

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i just tried it can do everything but the crosser to box stall it confuses me atm i think i can do the 4 petal antispin to spiral wrap but i dont know