ZekajunguySILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
so i jus got the Samjiegun
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/HoP-Samjiegun-3-Section-Staff

and was wondering if anyone has any sites i can learn from?
yaaa so i was thinking, everybody and there momma spins fire poi/ staff ect.. so i decided to get this bad boi and be differnt in the community of differnt people in fire arts cool ...... if all comes to worse ill just hit myself in the balls a bunch of times and learn the old fashion way lolsign

No i will not do this for you....***looks at cookie*** ok ok.. ill do it but that beter be a damn macadamia nut cookie!!

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
I think it involves a lot of hitting yourself.

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
^not making a joke.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: LyeI think it involves a lot of hitting yourself.

Probably true... I'm sure alot of nunchaku moves would translate well.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Nunchaku should work. You also have some freedom regarding which of the three sections you hang onto and which are spinning.

All else fails, find some kung fu movies, probably the *really* bad ones. Which are somehow awesome.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Learning legitimate 3 section staff moves works really well too. I've seen people who train translate cleanly into fire and it looks amazing.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
That's true Drake.

I've always found that in MA a Form or Kata looks rather pretty to begin with, so throwing somw fire at it can only make it... "hotter" eh eh? Hotter? Get it?!... sorry... In a wierd mood. hehe

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
I think Bender have some old 3-section staff video somewhere..

ninja

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ninja rob videos wink he has a bit of stuff with one of these.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

ZekajunguySILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
sweet thanka all gonna look into these... i was spinning for hollween for people... i just put fire heads on them and spun spun hit my self in ze nuts!,,,, spun spun spun face smack spun spun censored that was my knee and so on hehe...

NOTEE!!! these heads soak VERY WELL!!!!all you need to do is really dip them. spin off very well!!!..start off useing Kersone, less hot and you can get comfortable with the fire.. the fire dies down... if you spin off really well you can do a bit of contact..lately ive been a camera whore and will try and get veido on here till then ill put some pics up XD...

No i will not do this for you....***looks at cookie*** ok ok.. ill do it but that beter be a damn macadamia nut cookie!!