Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

it turns out, that if you think about what you want to do first and stick to it, half an hour's practice can be very productive ubbrollsmile

ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Fade

i so read "artichokes" then ubblol now that i wanna see

With any luck I'll be in Melbourne early 2006. Can show you then...

Got something last night that I've been working on recently - 534 with 5 thrown against a wall. Much harder than it sounds. Works nice but prob looks crap.

531 mess 5 is U ball. You can 5 the 1 or 2 ball

423 mess - aka. fake mills - you can fake the U, 1 or 2 ball much like 531 mess.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. must go try.

sorted 1up 4up(x) this morning(10 time in a row should be ok...?)

anyone any idea what adam of the north is up to at this time...? still juggling? want to steal that boy for practise and routine writing.

smile
R

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
flashed 8 balls last night spank

Northern Ads i think is away for summer but give him a bell since i think he might be looking for work...

Picking up new clubs on Friday bounce2

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
better be pirouettes.

or maybe these new things... goes off to look..

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

better be pirouettes.

Hell No!

Beard Circus...same as [Nx?]'s. I hate pirouettes, but having said that I learnt how to do pirouettes passing in 4 count last night using pirouettes...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
beard circus?

:vomit:

just discoverd the 4b start works beautifully as a five ball 1 up 4 up into cascade or half shower smile

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
how about I can finally juggle? standard 3 ball cascade

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Rob.. try 1 up 4up(x) pirouette if you have not already.

smile

It looks lovely.

And CTTC you can try it too smile get another two balls and practise, practise, practise juggle

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I have 5 flousies now- bought a fifth on Tuesday-
I've yet to chuck them all up in the air, but I reckon I should have 5 ball cascade by sunday wink *ahem*

Is 5 ball cascade really just the same as 3 ball but with higher and more accurate throws?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
last night i got

from 6b half shower b55555 and back into half shower bounce2

and 10 catches of 74635

smile juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
sweet was thinking about 75364 the other day and if it was possible but write this realised your doing some warped revese of that patten. Anyhow manged to get a box with a lid for the first time today then got both ways soon after biggrin

also manage to get 4 penguin catchs which I thought wasn't bad for 10mins of trying (admittedly had got penguin tennis before)

anyway shouldn't be juggling (or posting) must do something productive grr

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i did 744 with glowballs on saturday - twice!

but 4 clubs still doesn't work properly rolleyes

and if anyone is interested, there are new videos on gatto's page - 7b shower, 7b backcrosses, a ridiculous 5b ball routine and 5c treblas eek

and even if you hate juggling, if you haven't seen the 7c 7up piro, you really need to - its completely unbelievable.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
jon udry does a 7up piro on his new vid but doesnt continue juggling.

no new trick but thought i would share.

juggle

all well in roma, 33°C today!!

ubbrollsmile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
new multiplex in 5b - not sure what siteswap it's based on, but i think it's from a 4b SS. Also a new forkcatch (with two balls held under fork) with one ball in other hand into 4b Mills mess.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
sounds like everyone gets sicker every time i come in here... smile

had a good juggle today:

getting straight into four clubs for at least about 6-8 catches most times (was previously having to start left hand for a while first, then right) although only occasionally getting a proper run of about 16ish. it's getting there!

got a solid 6 ball flash but finding it harder to qualify it properly (if i got my terminology right and a qualify is twice through then catch em all) although if i just go for it can sometimes surprise myself with get 12+ catches... s'gonna be a while yet though...

my five ball's a lot more solid but haven't counted for ages... i'm also entering into the world of numbers clubs with shakey attempts at 531 and 441...

juggle biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
harsh dude..
you are overtaking me... :ekk:

I should juggle more.

Its not helped by the fact that 3 of my balls got wet at Glastonbury and are still currently swolen.

Do they return to normal whence they dry out?

Bovrils inredible sewing skills now mean I have 6 balls again biggrin

juggle

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: ucof

harsh dude..
you are overtaking me...

ubblol that's what i was thinking bout you a few months ago... i wouldn't be surprised if the tables turn again...

as for balls, i think i've only got mine superficially wet an with minor swelling before but they've been alright... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Burke's Barrage (at least that's what I think it is) suddenly clicked while I was at glastonbury, so I can do that now, which is nice biggrin

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unnamed Cutie On Front

Its not helped by the fact that 3 of my balls got wet at Glastonbury and are still currently swolen.

Do they return to normal whence they dry out?

depends how hard they are, i left mine out in the rain a number of years ago, and i can'T REMEMBer them ever drying out. try throwing them really high and letting them drop onto concrete, it might help soften them up a bit.

weavesmiley

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ah.

twice round sixwaysmoothly

(armpitarmpitbackcrossbackcrosslberttrebla)

biggrin

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
yippie!!! just worked out all the 441 messes:-)

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
worked out some nice machine drops in 633 and a 5b multiplex. Much easier when you know what you're doing ubbidea

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
cryptic biyatch.

biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unnamed Cutie On Front at 10/05/05 12:41

I learnt how to can now do 5b Shower explosions too

smile

and they are lovely.

Now its true biggrin
Got 4 rotations today I believe so I'm happy with that bounce

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
havent been juggling for a while. been getting way back into my doubles tho smile

however i had a really good run of five ball yesterday. was singing so i couldnt count but it would have to be at least 25 catches. then i had another run while counting and got 21. then after a few like that i went and made tea and when i got back to it i was back to getting 12's lol.

i also learnt 3ball Romeo's Revenge this morning. i think ill teach myself the 4ball now just because i really havent played with enough 4b stuff.

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
1/2 ahower YEY!!!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
last night someone taught me a badass 3b trick. it's one of those which is impossible to decscribe though.

and i broke a club too bounce2

Seal - i miss passing with you, no-one here seems to be able to do seven or any higher frown

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
recently learned a couple of 4 balls mess variations mostly using multiplexes, starting to incurr to 4 balls coz my 3 balls learning slowing down. don't want to start 5b yet want to be comfortable manipulating 3 & 4. just thought i would share.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
will!

how 'bout i organise an uberjuggle? then you'd have inordinate numbers of passers.....

(did a 5-up piro today, straight into 744 smile )

Page: ......