Forums > Other Toys > Fire Snakes vs Torch Poi

Login/Join to Participate

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Okay I really wanna get these but can't afford both. Which should i get and WHY???

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Torch Poi cause they're 3 tools in one! You can't whip and catch a snake... wink

Unfortunately I didn't get my first burn with mine on film, but they're TONS of fun, bet they'd be even more fun with someone who does fans like yourself! yes

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Torch Poi seconded, cause that's what I'm starting to get into, haven't had a burn yet cause I still haven't found the parts to build my fire pair, but they're still pretty fun from the pairs I've used off of my friends.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
If yo like torch stuff then torches. If not so much, then SNAKESSS!!! But not the ones from HoP because they're kinda shitty.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Snakes are really just poi, they do not add anything new to your spinning.

Torch poi have more variations and possibilities for interesting play.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I agree with aston, snakes are just a different visual and lack of counterbalance.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Hmm sounds like torches are the way to go then! I'll let you guys know how it all works out x)

Vinny, good to know about the HOP ones. I wasnt thrilled that they were ball chain either.

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Just purchased the torch poi! grin Along with a section staff carrying case. I dont do staff but what I'm gonna do is use it to carry my breakdown hoop, poi, fuel, and quick wicks so I can essentially have a fire hoop, a regular hoop, poi and fuel all with me in one little bag x) <3 <3 <3 HOP!! grin PLAYA HERE I COME!!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah it's not so much the ball chain as it is the snake itself. The ball chain with it I could care less. Less hardware for something that doesn't need anything special. I've use them. They're fun, but not compared to other ones you could get for the same price. Also they have all that heaping hunk of metal at the top. I hope the torch poi are fun! If I ever get into club stuff I might get a pair, but I'm fine for fire stuff right now.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin