Page: ...
MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
it might be cool to have spin off competitions anyone else think so?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Uploading can be a piece of work! I'm glad this concept is reviving, much anticipating weighing in on the next round for the first time on the outside. grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol idk maaannn myne pretty bad haha. it was so bad i have been trying to rebuild my style from the bottom up cuz i realized my style is very sloppy and i was using to many moves that i dont have down well enough yet. we should definitely do a rematch vid with fire in a few weeks. i be ordering my fire poi tommorow morning smile smile smile smile so excited!

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Posting in response to a post in the thread for S11 and EoN cause its appropriate here.

I challenge SoD to video competition. I don't have regular access to a camera but it is available. I will await a response before trying to arrange the rules.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

787 posts

Posted:
I will challenge SoD to a glow poi or tailed poi dance specific challenge since he is now working on his moves and is getting out some if he would like to.

This challenge would primarily be a dance/expressive challenge incorporating poi, but focus more on full body movement and footwork should he choose to accept. smile

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceI will challenge SoD to a glow poi or tailed poi dance specific challenge since he is now working on his moves and is getting out some if he would like to.

This challenge would primarily be a dance/expressive challenge incorporating poi, but focus more on full body movement and footwork should he choose to accept. smile

Eon, I just challenged SoD in the post before you. I would think my challenge takes priority because I posted first, and you just finished your challenge with S11.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
EoN if your down for a mainly dance challenge with some glow poi ill challenge you. And Smurf and SoD will get to have theres spin off

but it will have to wait till i get new glow poi smile

just to be clear so im on the same page as everyone, ive read on alot of poi/glowsticking sites that you shouldnt do spinoffs\battles, this isnt like making poi look into a total competition right? as long as its only for comparing and contrasting and like a learning tool, a challenge to bring out the best in you? just making sure i am getting the idea correct.

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I'd this is all for fun. No one is trying to be the best. I think its more of a way for us to spin together despite living in different parts of the world.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

787 posts

Posted:
Smurf, you totally have priority *has been phone posting, seems to get botched without hitting refresh all the time GAH!* I know he is trying to work out his dancing shoes and saw his other post. Sorry bout that! "Droid Doesn't Always" *verizon voice* tongue2

poismylove, I must tell you my only real competitor is me vs. me in poi just like it is while playing Rock Band where the leaderboard helps me calibrate the scale and get ye ole noggin workin'. There is no battle for supremacy with others, but the feedback from comparing helps me understand what others are doing in their styles and what the observer's are looking at and for.

I do like to encourage anyone to spread their wings and find their beat through the joy of dance and artistic self expression, I asked SoD because dance is a new thing he is working on and happens to be a passion of mine, but would be happy whenever you're ready to make a themed dance/expressive challenge *helps the creative juices flow*. I don't think an appearance of a goal or friendly rivalry is bad when not taken too far or out of context. It's not going to change my goals or vision, but input from the outside helps me to understand others and my contributions helps others see how I'm trying to shape my vision and possibly help a question be answered better by those with a different approach.

I'm not sure what you have heard on forums, but out at the club I have entered the circle with the shoes on my feet and flowlights too. After everyone has a go it's nothing but love and more people loosen up and get out the floor. Call me crazy, but with no scale or motivation I'm lost on the concept of improvement and every time I get TKO-ed in Punch Out on Nintendo I go for the rematch not only to improve it is also to stay in the game and keep playing. grin

~Rock on!~

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
cool just making sure its all friendly. sorry for having to ask that i was just trying to make sure so i didnt have any confusion grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
It's getting tempting to forfeit this one to poismylove. I can't find a way to swap in the audio I need without destroying the video, and it's already well past when I was hoping to post...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
In response to Lye from other thread:
5 is just as crazy as 4 I just wanna figure out how. The bracket idea kinda makes it look like contest to be the best, and that wasn't the focus.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Maybe we should split this up lol. I think 4 might be good enough for it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Epitome! I gotz torch poi now grin maybe we should do a torch poi duel?? smile I just got them but they're fun grin

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Smurf24029In response to Lye from other thread:
5 is just as crazy as 4 I just wanna figure out how. The bracket idea kinda makes it look like contest to be the best, and that wasn't the focus.

Great points. I can't wait for the videos smile

DJTimesTablestranger
15 posts

Posted:
yea WHEN CAN WE WATCH?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Okay, poismylove, I forfeit. I finally got the video problem sorted out, but the footage itself is so terrible I am unwilling to share it with the world. I'll PM you the URL when it's up, though, just so you can see how little tech matters when you can't remember what to do with it tongue2

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Booooo! smile

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Guess update?? I am in the procces of arranging borrowing someones camera. I prolly wont wait for my new lights (suppose to be here aprox nov 11) I like my colors a lot now. But yeah awesome enw groove, hopin to be able to catch in on film lol.

As for our other contenders?

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: LyeBooooo! smile

Seriously, though, my vid was so boring and crappy. I'm thinking of rallying together another collaboration video, though, since liquidtrance disappeared....

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I may be able to get hold of a camera soon, so may be able to throw something together. Will keep you up to date.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
So I have had wonder if this is still ongoing??? I remember some old matches were made but never happened. I thinks we all forgot??? Maybe some just for fun challenge?

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I have a problem with cameras. And am rather saving up for a new unicycle. If I can make a plan, am keen though. Mostly just as a way of making me do stuff. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Page: ...